DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Wellness A-Z: I = Imagine Wellness


 
I=Imagine Wellness
The seed of any intention is a thought.  The seed of any action is an intention.  Most people get tripped up somewhere in making the intention into an action.  We speak so often of "good intentions" - but fall short of actually taking action on them.
 
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right. - Henry Ford

On my journey, I've discovered a very important tool that helps me turn the intention into action.  Imagination.  Some call it visualization.  It's that process of seeing the progress you can make before you've actually made it.  It's quite helpful and keeps you from having such a negative attitude while trying to accomplish a positive result. 

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.   - Albert Einstein

It's all too easy to sit on the couch and have the best of intentions.  I should get outside and take a walk, or I should make better food choices (as I eat the bowl of mac and cheese - don't laugh - I've done it).  Intentions do matter, don't get me wrong.  The problem is, they just don't get you there.  If you can insert that little stepping stone called imagination or visualization - then you're on the way to action, which leads you toward some real realization of goals!

Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso

You can know the right thing to do - we all know the right thing to do.  But when you begin to grasp the concept of seeing it realized - and begin to work on it as a result of seeing it - that's when real changes begin to happen!  It gets very exciting at that point!  When mere intention gets turned into passion because of imagination/visualization - it begins to fall into place.

Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere. 
- Albert Einstein

There is head knowledge and there is heart desire.  Imagine you are already where you want to be, and incorporate what you know with what your heart desires.  Before long, you are seeing results because it's true that imagination will get you everywhere!  Want it in your heart - know what you need to do in your brain - see the goal in your mind's eye - and GO!

Get up each morning, look at yourself in the mirror, and see yourself not as someone who is overweight or out of shape, but as the someone you will become.  - Dr. Phil McGraw

No it's not easy.  Nobody ever said that a wellness lifestyle was easy.  Will I mess up?  Sure I will once in a while.  Will I keep messing up?  Well, if I keep messing up, I must not have wanted it very badly.  If I don't care enough to stop making poor food choices or start being more active, then I guess I should not complain when the weight comes back on and my clothes don't fit like they need to - or when my blood sugar gets cranky, should I?

Imagine wellness.

http://youtu.be/ZuDacA4iCGc



       


            

No comments: