DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Saturday, December 29, 2012

H.O.P.E

As the old year comes to a close and we look forward to a new year, my thoughts go to a brighter, fresh year - one just bursting with H.O.P.E!!!

H = HAPPINESS  I am determined to be happy in spite of circumstances.  The joy you feel inside is sure to show through your expressions and in the way you care for yourself.  There are some scary things going on in our world today, and I'm not completely oblivious to that, but in spite of it, I, being the optimistic Aries I am, will make every moment of the new year just as happy as I possibly can.  If it is to be - it's up to me.  That's not an original thought - I borrowed it.  Thanks, Cheryl!

O = OPPORTUNITY  If opportunity presents itself in the coming year - opportunity for a writing job, opportunity to grow in a seminar, opportunity to better myself as a person - I'm in!  Every day people are smacked in the face with opportunity, but they are so busy looking down the road, they can't see what is right in front of them.  I'm going to keep my eyes wide open and see what is before me.  The future is not the present, so I won't worry about it.  The past - well, that's not worth wasting any thought at all on.  That's gone and there's not a thing I can do to change it.

P = PURPOSE  There's got to be a reason I'm on this planet.  I'm not here to be a mother, a daughter, a sister, or even a cousin, niece or in-law.  I am here, however, to be a good wife to my husband.  I'm here to be a good pet parent to my Casey.  I'm here to be the best friend I can be.  This is my purpose in life and I don't take it lightly.  When I love, it's with everything in me.  If I cry tears for you, they are genuine.  When I encourage you in your path, it is sincere.

E = EDUCATION  We grow by learning and knowledge is power.  That's not original either - I borrowed it.  I refuse to be ignorant where my disease is concerned.  I lost my best friend to complications from Type 2 Diabetes.  DeLynn was the other half of me, and I miss her so much every day.  She thought she was doing pretty good.  One day she began having some lower back pain and just felt unwell.  She went to the doctor and was suddenly being prepped for dialysis.  It all happened so quickly.  She went for the treatments only a few times.  She was literally shopping with me at the mall one day - and within just a few short weeks, she was gone.

Her death made me even more determined than before to manage my diabetes.  I'm particularly afraid of kidney damage because that is what kills.  That's the one thing that can not be "fixed" once it's gone too far.  Other complications are awful, but they don't necessarily take your life. 

In 2013, I resolve to keep learning more about how to better control my diabetes.  I want to live to see my marvelous future unfold.  I will hold on to H.O.P.E.

Please listen to my friend Nick as he talks about his journey with Type 2 Diabetes. 

http://youtu.be/6Dlc3bHtXZc

http://youtu.be/hcGJXDMQWlE

http://youtu.be/4zqxuzvrKOY