DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wellness A-Z: G = Generate Good


G=Generate Good
The household I grew up in strongly believed if you didn't have something good, positive or uplifting to say about anything, you just didn't speak!  As you seek wellness in your life, that seems to be a non-issue really because you begin to feel so very good inside - all you want to do is generate good and positive and happy expressions to those around you.  There is a lot less grumble and a lot more play.  It just makes sense - when I'm taking good care of this body, it gives me only the best in return.  Good thoughts, good attitudes and good actions. 

When I'm hitting on all four cylinders and my body feels good, there's not a joy zapper around who can ruin my day!  - Linda Turner Palmer

Have you ever wondered what makes happy people, well... happy???  Are they necessarily more wealthy or famous than you?  Probably not - well not in the way you think.  The next time you meet someone who seems genuinely joyful and happy, take a look at what they eat and how much activity they include in their day.  How much water do they drink?  How much rest do they get?  Do they include some form of meditation in their day?  Does that matter?  Well, frankly, yes - it all works together to create one very magical potion for wellness and that makes you want to generate good!

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well. 
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Does this mean there will never be any stress ever again?  As much as I'd love to say it does, sadly, I have to say it does not.  I will say, however, that it does mean you will be better equipped to handle the stress that comes along.  That "fight or flight" instinct will be better nourished and you will be sharper in thought and quicker in deed than you were before. 

I'm not a happy, silly, playful person every single day of the world - but I'm a whole lot more so now than I ever was before.  I like how I feel and I want to feel good so I can generate good all around me.

Generate Good Energy.

http://youtu.be/DYZVSmMMnQ0



What's black and white and waddles like a waiter?  Well, it's a penguin, silly!  Today is PENGUIN AWARENESS DAY!!!!!  So, today would be a great day to bundle up and go out to the zoo to see some penguins!  Generate good and Have fun!






No comments: