DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Pray for a Cure in 2013

 
 
From the moment I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, I did tons of research on my own in an effort to tame this beast.  With some dietary changes and a lot of discipline on my part, I have done well over the past 21 years.  I have a lazy pancreas, but it still works.  Yes, I'm knocking on wood.

I'm part of the Diabetic Online Community (DOC), the most wonderful group of people in the world!  Yes, I'm biased - and I don't care.  If one of us is having blood sugar issues, we rally with love, support, prayers and encouragement.  It's what we do.  We're like one big family. 

Typically diagnosed during childhood and adolescent years, Juvenile Diabetes, also referred to as Type I Diabetes, currently affects more than 3 million Americans and more then 13,000 children are diagnosed each year.
- Elijah Cummings



Once in a while I read a post from a mom who is sleep deprived from being up every 2 hours in the night with their Type 1 Diabetic child, dealing with blood sugar issues.  Managing the symptoms for Type 1's is simply not good enough!  These folks need a cure!  I've mentioned this several times on my facebook page - but I'll repeat myself.  The parents of Type 1 Diabetic kiddos ROCK!!!  They have my unwavering love and respect - and always will. 

Dedicated researchers seek better treatments and cures for diabetes, kidney disease, Alzheimer's and every form of cancer. But these scientists face an array of disincentives. We can do better. - Michael Milken

So, this may be a bold question for me to ask - but I'm going to ask it anyway.  Would you join me and pray for a cure for Type 1 Diabetes?  I know so many people are already praying for a cure, but there's something about banding together that makes prayer even more powerful.  We need a cure in 2013
-there is nothing I'd rather see happen!

Using adult stem cells drawn from bone marrow and umbilical cord blood system cells, scientists have discovered new treatments for scores of diseases and conditions such as Parkinson's disease, juvenile diabetes, and spinal cord injuries. - Nathan Deal

There's hope on the horizon.

http://youtu.be/NEowWVSAhr8



  IN 2013
 

No comments: