DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Tuesday, January 1, 2013

In with the New

 
Good Day and welcome to Flight 2013. We are prepared to take off into the New Year. Please make sure your Attitude and Blessings are secured and locked in, in the upright position. All self-destructive devices should be turned off at this time. All negativity, hurt, and discouragement should be put away. Should we lose altitude under pressure during the flight, reach up and pull down on Positive thinking!Positive thoughts will automatically be activated. Once activated you can assist other passengers. There will be NO BAGGAGE allowed on this flight. The Captain has cleared us for takeoff -- Destination -
 
GREATNESS
 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!  Today we begin our lives with a clean slate.  We leave any unpleasant memories or mistakes made behind us and embrace the opportunity to make better memories and fewer mistakes.

There are many ways in which we can de-clutter today.  I choose to clean out closets and purge my unused items.  Today is the day I decide whether I will throw them away, donate them, or try to sell them at my garage sale this coming Spring.  Just as there are decisions to be made with these tangible items, there are decisions to be made with the intangible ones as well.

I love it when Dr. Phil asks someone, "How's that workin' for ya?"  I love it because he only asks that question when he knows darned good and well it is not workin'!  So for 2013 I ask myself, will I keep the attitude I had in 2012?  How did that mindset work out for me?  Is it one that has gotten results and made me a better person, or is it one that has not worked well and has made me more bitter? 

If you can honestly say your attitude has not worked out for you, it's never too late to ditch it and adopt a new one.  A change of attitude is as simple as choosing to change your way of thinking.  We have a choice every second about the way we will react to situations.  Will you keep that temper you had last year or trade up for a more calm reaction?  I have decided I can not control anyone else around me - but I can darned sure control myself!  

Another area that could use some de-cluttering, especially after the holidays, is the kitchen.  Do you still have leftover pies, cakes, cookies or other items?  Now is the perfect time to get rid of them and take back your resolution to eat an alkaline diet (80% every day).  If you indulged in goodies over the holidays, don't stress about it and don't beat yourself up over it, but don't keep the temptation around any longer.  If you're serious about taking off those holiday pounds, the last thing you need in the house is more temptation!  Today is the day to re-stock your fridge with healthy green food.  Today is the perfect day to begin your new fresh food lifestyle! 

Begin your alkaline lifestyle with a glass of lemon water.  It thoroughly cleanses the palette, preparing you for the tastes of real food - instead of highly processed white flour and white sugar products.  Once you've started drinking lemon water, then you can slowly re-introduce healthy vegetables and fruits to your diet.  Before you know it, you're back on track and where you need to be.

Here's a video all about high-alkaline foods.

http://youtu.be/sFwZ_akiLkg

Another little interesting side note to mention - January is HOT TEA MONTH!!!!!  I encourage you to begin drinking hot tea with lemon in it as well.  There's nothing like being wrapped up in your favorite quilt, reading your favorite book with a cup of hot tea!  Sounds like a great way to unwind and relax to me!

We welcome all things new today - all things good and all things that serve us well.  Life is just too short to have toxic people or things or food around.  This is not a practice run.  This life is the only shot we get, so make this year your very best yet!








 

No comments: