DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Friday, January 4, 2013

My Favorite Salad

Blackened Salmon Caesar Salad (serves 4)

 Ingredients:

  • 1 bag Caesar salad mix
  • 4 - 4 oz. salmon fillets, skin off (or substitute Pacific Cod or Halibut)
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp ground fennel
  • 1/2 tsp ground coriander
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp New Mexico chili powder
  • 2 tsp Spanish paprika
  • 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 tsp coarse salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Prepare fish:
Mix all dry ingredients together to make our blackening spice. Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.

Coat each fillet with spice blend by dredging fish, knock off excess by tapping fillet against the side of the container. Place fillets in hot skillet.

Cook until well browned, about 5 minutes. Flip fillets; cook through, about 5 minutes more. Transfer to plate; set aside.

Make the Salad:

To assemble salads, toss the Caesar salad mix in a medium bowl. Divide the salad onto the four plates, and lay a piece of salmon on each. Fish may also be broken into large chunks and tossed in with the salad.

This salad is not only nutritious, but is quick and easy to prepare.  If you're like me and have eaten a little too much snack stuff this past season, maybe this is just the meal to get you back on track.  It's never to late to begin again!

If you are a Type 2 Diabetic, the time to take an interest in your health is NOW! 

Omega-3 fatty acid benefits.

http://youtu.be/EUaYQVHaZrE




No comments: