DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Monday, December 31, 2012

Out With the Old

This post serves as a reminder of how far I've come in 2012.  I've had some really wonderful news these past 12 months!  The 80 pound weight loss has to be at the top of the good news list!  I'm so very thankful to God for putting professionals in my path who introduced me to an alkaline lifestyle!  What an amazing transformation - and my blood sugar is very happy.  My wardrobe is doing a happy dance too.  I lost 4 dress sizes! 

I used to have to take 10 units of Levemir every night, but that is a thing of the past.  I'm now under control with 1,000mg. Metformin and 10mg. Glipizide.  I've had very few ups or downs.  I think this is what "normal" is supposed to feel like.  It feels great! 

A friend of mine in the Diabetic Online Community (DOC) chats with me early in the morning sometimes.  We talk about exercise and I tell him I can't always do as much as I'd like because of neuropathy.  He reminds me that it's not how far you go, but that you go every day as much as you can.  He's my unofficial cheerleader!  He knows who he is...  thanks for the encouragement!

Another friend chats with me once in a while to let me know she understands the whole "temptation" thing.  There are days you just want to dump the green food and pick up a slice of pizza - I mean real pizza - not something made to be a pizza-like substance!  She lets me know that I'm not the only one who feels a little deprived in this journey.  She feels my pain - and I sure do appreciate that!  Thank you!

Yet another friend chats with me and tells me stories about her little child who has to be monitored all night long.  This brave mommy sets her alarm so that she can go check on her child every few hours.  This poor mom has not had a good night's sleep in a very long time.  I hear her talk and sense the love she has for her child.  I feel so blessed, even though I don't have children.  I actually get to sleep clear through the night.  I've said this on my facebook wall time and again - and I want to repeat it now:

PARENTS OF TYPE 1 DIABETIC CHILDREN ROCK!!!  THEY ARE SUPER HEROES!!!

In my opinion - Type 1 Diabetics everywhere - ROCK!!!

I can gain control by altering my diet - but they can't!  They need a cure!  Treating symptoms as they arise is not good enough.

I'm praying for a cure in 2013. 

Type 2 Diabetics take a look at this.

http://youtu.be/REHQ-GEkibs




2 comments:

Marcia L. Brown said...

Ok! That does it! Ron and I are going to have to quit waiting for a call to come visit and just show up on your doorstep SOON! FOUR DRESS SIZES!!! I am soooo jealous! I NEED to be hanging around you more to help get ME motivated!

I am so proud of you, Linda! You have really made a change in your lifestyle to be able to do that!

Love ya, girl!!!

Marcia L. Brown said...

I must see this skinny lady that my friend has become!