DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, December 27, 2012

Women and Type 2

If you are a woman and a Type 2 Diabetic, I can say two things.  I can say I feel your pain, and I can say it really really stinks!  There are a few things that happen to us that make us unique creatures on this planet.  This does not apply to every single female with Type 2 Diabetes, but I will admit that I'm one of the unlucky ones that it does apply to.  Oh...  yay!

I have read that Type 2 Diabetes is more aggressive in women than men, but I have not been aware of it in my case.  I do have a couple of minor complications, but I don't think my disease process is necessarily more aggressive.  I don't believe everything I read about the disease. 

Women with Type 2 Diabetes make excess Testosterone because of high amounts of insulin, which causes all sorts of fun stuff like facial hair, acne and menstrual cycle issues, PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and infertility.  In my case, I developed PCOS first, which led to Diabetes.  For years, I've been trying to convince my doctor that a hysterectomy would fix everything.  I don't think she believes me.  It looks as though I'll never find out since my insurance won't cover a hysterectomy unless it's "medically necessary" (according to them).  I guess they'd rather cover all my Diabetes medicines and supplies for the rest of my life.  So be it.

I'll just stay armed with a good sense of humor and tweezers and a lot of depilatory.  Hey, I'm just glad I'm a blonde!  Women with dark hair really have issues.  Just sayin'... 

I've decided that in 2013 I'm going to be way too busy having fun in my life to sweat the small stuff - and frankly - it's all small stuff!

So, we're dealt the cards we're dealt.  We're given lemons and we make lemon water.  It's what we do.  

Staying positive and happy makes a real difference because a good attitude can take you a long way!  My favorite poet and author of the popular devotional "Coffee With Jesus", Lucinda Berry Hill, wrote this poem about keeping good thoughts!

Keeping Good Thoughts

When we meditate on God,
On thoughts of peace and goodness,
Our hearts they are right with the Son.
When we think on negativity,
On anger, gloom, or worry,
We are meditating on sin, the evil one.

The thought of giving him
A place to dwell inside of me
Shudders me and makes me feel ashamed.
'Tis yet another reason
For keeping thoughts of goodness,
And not thought of selfishness or hate.

Let us not give into frustration,
Difficulties, or pride;
Let us keep from all negatives and sin.
Let us think as God would have us,
On what is good and right and loving,
Keeping our hearts and minds upon Him.
 

I'm a W-O-M-A-N

http://youtu.be/FIWpqSajYPM


 

 
 
Whether you are a great fan of it or not, today is NATIONAL FRUITCAKE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  In my house, it would be the day we toss it away, but I understand that some people actually like it.  Enjoy the day either way!






No comments: