DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Saturday, December 1, 2012

We're Eating Again


Over the river and through the woods
To Grandmother's House We Went!
And we ate... and ate... and ate... and...
 
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  - John 8:32

Holidays are so fantastic, aren't they?  A time to relax and enjoy family and friends.  Today I was thinking about how Thanksgiving used to be for my little family - and how different it is now.  

 A lot of young families face this issue - the "which parents do we have dinner with?" - issue.  I remember going to my husband's family, eating a meal - then running over to my family's house and eating another meal!  It was insanity incarnate!  Unbelievable how we went through such misery just to keep our parents happy! 

This post is dedicated to all of the young people who eat a lot more than they should just to keep their parents happy.  I salute you!  I also want to let you know that by doing this, you will someday be able to say you have absolutely no regrets - when your parents are no longer here.  That's how you want things to end - with no regrets.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.  Now we look forward to the Christmas season - already!  Oh my.
 
I hope you'll take the time to read my article entitled, "Diabetics Know That Diet Is a Four-Letter-Word (and the First Three Letters Spell DIE)!"  I hear a lot of "Amens" to that title!  Enjoy!
 

No comments: