DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pray for Peace This Christmas

A Daily Prayer

Inspired by St. Patrick

I arise today through the power of God:

God's might to comfort me, God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me, God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to lead me,
God's way to lie before me, God's shield to protect me,
God's Heavenly Host to save me from the snares of the devil,
from temptations to sin, from all who wish me ill,
from near and afar, alone and with others.

May Christ shield me today
 against poison and fire,
against drowning and wounding, so that I may fulfill my mission

and bear fruit in abundance.



Christ behind and before me, Christ behind and above me,

Christ with me and in me, Christ around and about me,

Christ on my right and on my left, Christ when I lie down at night,

Christ when I rise in the morning, Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me, Christ in the mouth of everyone that speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in every ear that hears me.


This has always been one of my favorite prayers because it pretty much covers all the bases.  I like the idea of asking Father God and His Son, Jesus individually to basically surround me and protect me throughout my entire day first thing in the morning.  This prayer does just that.

When I pray this, I always feel such a peace and a sense that I am loved and protected by God and His angels throughout the day.  I hope you will take this prayer and make it your own today and every day.  Our Father in heaven wants to hear from us every day.  There are mornings when I don't have the words to pray, but I love to lean on these words and make them my own. 

A large part of dealing with any disease is attitude.  Nothing improves my attitude more than spending some alone time with God.  In our time together we have some very sweet communion and then I go about my day.  I know that the Lord is right there beside me no matter what I'm doing.  He loves and cares for His children and when we spend quiet time with Him it's our way of showing how much we love Him.

Peace to you today.

Here is the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi - sung by Sarah McLachlan.

http://youtu.be/dGyOtU3Es_s

 
Today is MITTEN TREE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments: