DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Friday, December 7, 2012

Cinnamon-Stevia Scones Recipe

Thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 
- 1 Corinthians 15:57

Prior to my Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis, I shopped like pretty much any other American woman.  I used stuff from packages and cans and boxes and did not think much of it.  Since the diagnosis, however, I've leaned toward a diet that consists of raw fruits and vegetables, beans, nuts and whole unprocessed grains.

The healthiest flour available is a stone ground wheat flour, a healthy form of the whole wheat grain.  As I was shopping the other day, I passed by the boxes of baking mix and saw this one - we have a winner!!!!!  It is whole grain!

A whole grain alternative at last!!!!!!!!!!  I can eat pancakes again!  How exciting is that???????  This is not a breakfast to have every single day, but it offers some variety for me.  I still have the protein shake most days for breakfast, but at least I don't feel so much like a freak of nature.  I can have a couple of pancakes again once in a while with this stuff!  I do use a sugar-free syrup also, of course.  

I have a recipe to share with you today.  These scones are the perfect companion for all those wonderful Christmas teas you'll be enjoying!

Cinnamon-Stevia Scones
Makes 8 scones

Mix 3 cups whole wheat baking mix and 1/4 cup stevia powder.

Whisk together 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, 1/3 cup 2% milk and 1Tbsp. vanilla extract.

Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Stir in 1 cup cinnamon chips.

On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 10 times.  Pat into 9" circle.  Sprinkle with cinnamon-stevia powder. 

Cut into 8 wedges; place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden. 

These scones are wonderful with hot herbal tea!  So good - and good for you!  As we get closer to Thanksgiving, I am indeed thankful for all the little creature comforts in my life - the simple pleasures really are the best!   

Who says you can't still enjoy a little lovin' from the oven?  Not me!

While you're eating your scones and drinking your favorite tea, enjoy the comedy of Chonda Pierce!

http://youtu.be/vlGt_rk9Uho

Today is PEARL HARBOR DAY!!!!!!!!!!! 

 
 

No comments: