DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, December 30, 2012

C.O.P.E.

Along with my resolution to have H.O.P.E. in the new year, I also have a resolution to better C.O.P.E. with the every day stresses that come with this adventure called life.
It seems that it gets tougher to make ends meet and pay bills all the time.  There are a few ways that I have found help with my own reactions to stress.

Every year I resolve once again to put these steps into practice.

C = Collect my thoughts before over-reacting in any situation that arises.  Most of what happens to us is not as bad as the perception we have of it.  If I can keep from making mountains of mole hills, then it is possible to remain calm and not cause further stress for myself. 

O = Observe with a logical eye and mind the events going on around me.  Since how we perceive something is much stronger than the actual event, the ability to look at situations with a calm spirit and logical mindset is important.  Flying off the handle never really helped anyone!

P = Persevere in spite of circumstances.  Things don't always look bright and promising, but if I can just persevere in spite of the outward appearance of things with a strong determination and attitude, it will make all the difference.  Develop a solid plan - then work it! 

E = Eliminate the negativity from my thought life.  Everyone has a sort of recording that plays over and over.  Your mind gets to believing the words, whether they be positive or negative.  If you tell yourself you can not do something - then you won't do it.  If you build yourself up and believe you can do something, then it will be accomplished. 

The Mayan calendar ended - and life still goes on down here on planet earth.  We are headed for a brand new year, and I for one intend to make it the best year ever! 

I resolve to hold on to H.O.P.E. and C.O.P.E. in order to stay well in 2013!  How about you?

How do you cope with stress?

http://youtu.be/ZVVWhRCm7z8






No comments: