DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thank You, God, for Holding my Hand

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

I think deep down inside, I probably knew I could not sustain a healthy body with a diet of donuts and coffee, but maybe I was just unwilling to "cut the cord" so abruptly.  One must back away from sugar addiction slowly to avoid dire consequences!  I can't look back - all I can do now is keep moving forward and know that the journey is surely going to be worthwhile when it's all said and done.

I'm 28 pounds away from my goal weight today!  I've lost 52 pounds so far.  I know for the sake of my health I have to keep going.  It's not an easy path, but it will be so wonderful when I hear my doctor say I can reduce the amount of diabetes medication I'm taking.  This doesn't have anything to do with looks or anything vain - my health is at stake.

Sometimes I joke around about all the money I'll save on medications and how I'll have that extra money to spend on new skinny jeans!  Okay, first of all, these thighs will never wear skinny jeans - if I'm at my ideal weight, I will never ever need skinny jeans - or skinny anything else! 

The view from halfway up the mountain is awesome and inspires me to keep going.  I've slipped a few times on some loose rock, and it's tempting to give myself a little room to cheat now and then, but so far I have not done that.  When I think I need a reward it has to be a non-food reward of some sort.  Today I spent an extra fifteen minutes in the shower to reward my success.

In addition to walking a mile this morning, I did my laundry and some of my housework.  I changed the sheets on my king size bed - believe me - that's exercise!  It counts!

I'm just so thankful to God that He's given me what I need to do this.  I can't do anything without His help. 

Please read my article "Don't Let Diabetes Keep You From Following Your Dream".  

http://ezinearticles.com/?Dont-Let-Diabetes-Keep-You-From-Following-Your-Dream!&id=7200238

No comments: