DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, November 25, 2012

I'm Thankful for my Heritage

Two great things you can give your children: one is roots, the other is wings.
 - Hodding Carter


I grew up in a middle-class, conservative household.  My daddy was a carpenter and my mama stayed at home.  We went to church every time the door was open, and I truly believe that is where I learned how to appreciate a good nap.  As a child I did more sleeping in church than anyone.  Of course all of that has changed now - now I wear clothespins on my eyes to keep my eyelids open.

But I thank God I had a Christian upbringing and was taught values and the difference between right and wrong.  It seems like such a small thing, but I think there are some folks out there who honestly are not sure where to draw the line.  It's a sad statement- but true.

When I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, my daddy had already passed away, but my mama was still living.  We learned a lot about different foods and how they affect blood sugar.  Mama was one of my greatest cheerleaders.  She has since passed away, but I appreciate the fact that she helped me learn as much as possible about my disease.  We spent hours at the library together scouring through books.

I thank God for parents who instilled a sense of logical thought in me.  I'm not a highly intelligent individual, but I have some street smarts.  I can be a very nice person, but don't cross me.  If a person plays nice with me, I'll be more than happy to return the favor.  These are the qualities that I appreciate my parents passing down to me.

For many years I've been without mama and daddy and I miss them every single day!  I know they are in heaven with Jesus and there's not a better place they could be.  But if heaven had a telephone, you can bet I'd be talking with them every single day! 

Enjoy George Winston playing "Thanksgiving".

 http://youtu.be/LA05aiIvl20



Today is NATIONAL PARFAIT DAY!!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy your favorite parfait today but make sure you watch those nasty carbohydrates!  Some of the recipes have loads of carbs! 



No comments: