DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, November 25, 2012

Rings of Influence

 
When my mother died, she left a vast assortment of treasures in her cedar chest.  I've not disturbed much of it, except to rummage through it on occasion to rustle up some dusty old memories of days long past.  I took one item from the cedar chest and it remains in my devotional book.  It is a handmade bookmark my mother used in her Bible.  It's not made of anything fancy or expensive.  It's a simple bookmark made of card stock and has a poem written on it in mama's handwriting.  It's worth a great deal to me.  The poem is entitled "My Influence".
My Influence

My life shall touch a dozen lives
before this day is done.
Leave countless marks of good or ill,
e'er sets the evening sun.

This, the wish I always wish,
the prayer I always pray;
Lord, may my life help other lives
It touches by the way.

Every morning when I open my devotional book, I read this poem that my mother wrote on her bookmark.  It's my mother's way of reminding me that every day needs to count for something and help someone else.  This blog is my purpose and I hear feedback from you that it is helping.  It does my heart good to know what I have to say helps others.

If something has touched you and helped you be better and do better, don't keep it to yourself.  Pay it forward!  You have a choice whether your influence will be good or bad.  I hope you choose to help another soul light their candle so they can clearly see the path they walk.

Even if you think you don't have influence on anyone, you really do.  The most brief encounter with another human being is packed with influence whether you realize it or not.  May you be a shining example and a wonderful influence on everyone you come in contact with today!

There is one special lady in South Africa to whom I hope to pass my blog on to when I die.  She has followed my blog since day one and because she has changed her diet to a high alkaline diet and has started drinking plenty of water with lemon and is exercising every day and has developed a good positive attitude - she is seeing some pretty remarkable progress.  She has lost weight and her A1c has lowered.  I've been absolutely amazed at her reports!  I think she could take this good news to diabetics in her country and in the US and make an impact on the health of both our countries.

I wrote an article entitled, "Put Your Game Face On!  It's Family Time!"  
 

 



No comments: