DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I Feel Pretty

 
Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember that amateurs built the Ark.  Professionals built the Titanic.  - Dave Barry
Today is weigh day.  I did not lose weight, but did not gain weight either.  Once again, the scale seems to be stuck despite my efforts to lose.  I still have the same 28 pounds to take off.  But then I look at the 50 I've lost and that makes me feel better.  I refuse to become frustrated, bitter or wigged out about it.  If I allow emotion to enter in, I will most likely go on a binge - then the cycle of self-destruction will begin all over again.  I have to approach this logically and decide that my glass is neither half full nor is it half empty.  I know eventually the scale will move in the right direction if I just keep doing "the right things". 

What are the "right things"?  Eating high-alkaline foods, exercising a half hour every day, drinking plenty of water, a good attitude and getting plenty of sleep at night.     

Do you know why the amateurs succeeded and the professionals failed?  The amateurs who built the Ark had God in their corner, the professionals did not. 

Remember the bragging that the so-called "professionals" did about the Titanic?

God himself could not sink this ship!
-Unknown Titanic crew member to embarking passenger, Mrs Sylvia Caldwell.

And pride goes before a what???

Pride precedes a disaster, and an arrogant attitude precedes a fall.
-Proverbs 16:8

My point exactly!  I don't want to be too proud about weight loss because pride, or a haughty spirit, can trip a person up faster than anything!  Besides, I do not lean on myself to get this done.  My body is frail and has issues.  I don't know when I'm going to be completely out of commission with sciatica or neuropathy,  or if something else related to my diabetes will trip me up somewhere along the way.  I'm totally leaning on my Father in heaven to help me achieve this goal.  That's where my help comes from - !

I have lifted up my eyes to the mountains, from whence help shall come to me.  My help is from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  - Psalm 121:1-2

I know it may seem as though I'm in some sort of program.  Maybe , but I can do this with God's help!  He's brought me this far and I don't believe He's going to quit helping me now!  I just keep praying -  I'm staying positive and I feel pretty!
 
On that note...  listen to "I Feel Pretty" and start to believe it!

http://youtu.be/jQgtCH2UxR8

In my opinion, there is nothing quite like receiving a homemade greeting card.  It shows me that my friend really cared enough to send the very best (oh wait, that's a different slogan)...  but it lets me know that my crafty friend is really thinking of me and poured her heart and soul into expressing it.  It takes time to create a greeting - make it just the way you want it.  Not everyone is crafty.  I am not a crafty person.  Cardmaking and scrapbooking activities relax most women, but they frustrate me.  I can not go to a "party" where there are cards being created without feeling anxious and like mine is not going to turn out as good as anybody elses' - so clearly this is not an activity for me.  But I love homemade cards!  Today is WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If you enjoy this type of activity, make a card for someone today.  It might just make their day - maybe their entire week - you never know.
 

No comments: