DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, November 29, 2012

Counting Blessings

 
Our Casey teaches me patience,

How to appreciate simple joys.

Why a kind word spoken is important,
Why you can never have enough toys!

Every day is meant to be cherished,
Don't take a one for granted.
Health is the greatest wealth we own,

You can bloom where you are planted.
 
- Linda Turner Palmer

Our Casey
Even though it seems like life just throws stuff in your face and it really seems to suck, you still need to find the positives in life.  What are the positives in my life?  No question in my mind, my positives are my husband and our sweet Casey.

Sometimes I get off course and begin to see the bad, I admit it.  I actually forget how to count blessings and begin to see the negative.  I can't blame all of that on high blood sugars - some of it, yes - but not all of it.  When you begin to have what my former pastor called "Stinkin' Thinkin'" - it's not only toxic, but contagious as well.

I'm so thankful that I have people around me who are willing to hang in there with me no matter what, and give me a dose of reality and encouragement when I so desperately need it! 

Here I go - I'm counting blessings today. 

I woke up this morning.
I can inhale, exhale, and repeat as necessary.
I can move without a whole lot of pain.
There's food in our house.  I had a protein shake this morning.  I am blessed!  God provides for all our needs and I'm grateful. 
I never run out of gas.  My car is always at least half full.  I haven't had to fill my own gas tank since I stopped working.  My husband takes very good care of me.

Please, Lord, bless our little baby Case.  He's had so many issues lately with cancer and arthritis and we just pray that he gets to stay with us for a long time with good health and in good spirits.    

I'm thankful that God is teaching me how to better control my diabetes.  Nobody on this earth is a better teacher than my God is!  God has put so many wonderful resources in my path regarding the management of T2D, and the more I read, the more convinced I am that this can be tamed.  Keep helping me along, Lord - I will follow.  Do you think things just drop in your lap by accident?  I don't believe that.

Every day is a learning experience when we lean fully on God for guidance.  He provides the tools necessary to be the best we can possibly be if we will let Him lead.  I feel so blessed to have had this Type 2 Diabetes for 20 years and have no complications except a bit of neuropathy and frozen shoulder from it.  It's a total God thing -

To God be the glory!!!  

Count Your Blessings!

http://youtu.be/wODZDmBimiM



When creative people are beginning a project, often they overlook the most basic elements that lay in their own back yard.  Today is PINE CONE APPRECIATION DAY!!!!!!!!!  I have already gathered my pine cones this year and look forward to making some decorations for the house.  Here are just a few ideas for decorations you can make with the pine cones you gather up this year.












No comments: