DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Letter from Coach Wellness

 
 
Dear Health,

I know that in this fight with diabetes you feel like you're getting beat up sometimes, but I'm writing you this letter to let you know that you don't have to just give up and let him win the fight.  You've been up against some pretty brutal competition lately, but with the right strategy in play I know you can knock diabetes on his butt!

As your coach, it's my job to remind you that you have the will to win, but you have to plan your strategies every single day.  You can't get sloppy or he'll smack you when you're not looking.  Here's a checklist of stuff you have to do every day:

1.  Eat your lean protein first at every meal. 
2.  Eat high alkaline foods to protect your nerves and cells.   
3.  Eat 5 small meals every day - and watch the portions - they'll get ya!
4.  Take your medication every day.
5.  Exercise for a half hour every day.  Consistency is key.
6.  Stay hydrated - water with lemon is best.  Kick other beverages to the curb!
7.  Weigh only once a week - but don't get bummed if the scale doesn't move.
8.  Keep a good, positive mental attitude no matter what.
9.  Get regular chiropractic adjustments.  They help you move better.

I heard through the grapevine that you keep in touch with other health-conscious individuals through a couple of support groups, and the DOC.  It's never a bad idea to share life experiences with others walking the same path.  No one should have to train to fight alone.  Everyone needs a pep talk and a kick in the butt once in a while to get them motivated to do the right thing.  

I also read your last lab report and your A1c is down to 6.7 now!  That's great! You've also lost a considerable amount of weight and have been taken off of your long-acting insulin.  You're back on oral medications now - fantastic! 
Good job!  Keep up the good work!

Even though it's your ultimate goal to get off of all medications and win the fight with diet and exercise alone, don't beat yourself up too badly.  Try to have some patience with yourself and keep a positive mental attitude.  Just do all the things you know have worked for you up to this point.  Keep on keeping on - and you'll succeed - you'll win the fight!  You're already winning the fight - just don't quit the training program!  I've set you up with a couple of great sparring partners, so you stay on your toes.

Hang in there and know I'm always going to be in your corner, Health!

Sincerely,
Coach Wellness

cc:  Positive Attitude


******************************************************

Here's a message from my favorite wellness coach.

http://youtu.be/0Rg5dHxeYDI


Hang on to your knife and fork!!!  Today is COOK SOMETHING BOLD DAY!!!!!!!!!  Be prepared for nearly any culinary experience today!!!  Do you like surprises???  I know, me neither- but we may be in for one!




Today is also NATIONAL CAPPUCCINO DAY!!!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy this wacky holiday with your favorite coffee-holic!!!  If you don't have a friend who is a coffee addict, I'm not busy...  hint... hint!!!



  



No comments: