DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Great Pumpkin

I don't know about you, but when I was little I always watched the holiday specials on TV.  

The great part about having kids, I imagine, would be passing some great traditions on to them.  All the cool things you did as a kid - introducing some of that stuff to them.  I have a friend who has two teenage kids and for their entire lives they've made a trip to the pumpkin patch to pick out their pumpkins for Halloween.  I think that would be a fun tradition to pass down.

Are you a great pumpkin carver?  I do not happen to be, but my daddy was an artist with a carving knife!  He made some very creative Jack-O-Lanterns and we displayed them proudly on our front porch every year! 

I hate to admit it, but we have fake pumpkins at our house - I think they're a very light weight plastic or something - but they are taken out of our basement every year, dusted off, and placed on our front porch!  That's as "in the groove" as we get! 

Did you know that pumpkin is actually a very healthy food?  When you carve all that stuff out of your pumpkin, make sure you save it!  You can use the pumpkin to make soup - there's nothing more heartwarming than a hot bowl of soup.  Just puree' your pumpkin and take the seeds out and use your favorite pumpkin soup recipe. 

Most people think of pumpkin pie when they think of pumpkin, but there are other non-pie recipes all over the Internet to use.  As Type 2 Diabetics, we really should skip the crust, so if you can find a non-pie recipe to use your pumpkin in, that would be best.

 We found the most awesome pumpkin spice soup recipe.  It smells so good while it's cooking and fills the house with that wonderful autumn spicy aroma for hours! 

So curl up with your favorite pumpkin soup and enjoy watching "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" this year with your little ones.

http://youtu.be/3-Iy_70nxO8


Today is NAME YOUR CAR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My little car has been called the Sassy Sexy Chevy for as long as I've had her.  That will be her name until the day she falls apart in my driveway.


No comments: