DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, October 4, 2012

Keep Every Plate Spinning

How many of you have been as fascinated with the spinning plates on the poles as I have?  The plates are obviously fragile - and there they are with one in their hand and three in the air!  Those plates are traveling at such a high rate of speed, it makes you dizzy to try to follow just one of the plates with your eyes!

Sometimes it can seem a bit like that to keep all the many facets of wellness in play at the same time!  Using our "plate" analogy, let's picture our diet, exercise, rest, hydration and attitude as the five plates.  Truth be told, it feels more like there are ten plates we spin on the poles.

I can't speak for Type 2 Diabetics everywhere, but I can speak for myself.  I find it very difficult to keep all of my plates right where they are supposed to be at the same time!  Sometimes I get the "diet" plate under control pretty good, but then the "exercise" plate falls to the ground and breaks!  Other times, the "exercise" plate is in full gear, but my "rest" plate is cracked - or my "hydration" plate is spinning nicely, but my "diet" plate is smashed!  I try to keep the positive attitude plate spinning on the pole no matter what other plates may be crashing down around me. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one who deals with this issue!  It's not that I'm complaining, it's just that keeping all aspects of wellness going at the same time is just easier said than done sometimes.  But when everything is working together at the same time, it is just great!  I feel so much better when all the plates are on the poles spinning like they should!

It's a challenge - just part of being a Type 2 Diabetic.  It's really what everyone should be doing - eating healthy, exercising, getting enough rest, hydrating and developing a positive attitude.  Those should be the goals of everyone!  The only difference with me is - I no longer have a choice.  I have to keep my plates spinning on the poles! 

Funny - I never thought of myself as a professional plate spinner before.  Strange what life hands you, isn't it?  Maybe I should look for a job with a circus!

Enjoy this cute little act - and have a laugh!

http://youtu.be/jLBI7l7iD34

Do you enjoy golf?  Today is NATIONAL GOLF DAY!!!!!!!  Go out and enjoy yourself!  Golf is a great way to burn calories. Although not a fast-action sport, it is an endurance activity because every 18-hole round requires anywhere from three to five hours of walking and swinging the club.








No comments: