DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, October 25, 2012

I feel like a Hippo during a Hypo

 
When you eat or drink or do anything else, always do it to honor God.
- 1 Corinthians 10:31

Have you ever noticed that people tend to side-step or ignore scriptures that make them uncomfortable?  Well, this scripture is one of those for me!  Rather than pretending it's not in the Bible anymore - I'm going to deal with it.

I'm never going to grow and mature in my Christian faith or in my life if I don't finally face the fact that I need to put God first in every part of my life.  I can not just keep segmenting my life apart and inviting God into some sections and telling Him to stay out of another section.  If I want God's help with my tendency toward binge eating during a low, then I have to open the door and ask Him to come in.  I can't just stand on the other side of the closed (and locked) door and yell, "Lord, help me!"  It doesn't work that way.  God will never force Himself into my life.  I have to take the first step and ask Him to walk into the dark places with me and provide a way of escape, which He promises to do and He is faithful to deliver on that promise.


 

It's my desire to be the very best child of God I can be and honor God in all I do.  Why is it so difficult for me to turn over the reins to Him and let Him do the driving?  I make a big ol' mess - but He can make a success!  His ways are higher than my ways and they're also much better in the long run.  Who would not want that outcome in their life?  

I hear people say, "God doesn't want me to have fun anymore".  Those folks have never been with me when I'm with my Christian friends!  Fun does not begin to describe it!  I can honor my God with my entire life and have fun on this earth at the same time.  It's not a difficult concept in my mind - but I do have that one little corner to surrender - and I'm working on it.

They cried out to God during the battle, and he answered their prayer because they trusted in him...   - 1 Chronicles 5:20

I choose this day to trust God completely with this battle called diabetes.  I want Him to help me with the goals I've set.  He's helped me get off of insulin and get the correct dosage of Metformin.  I trust that He will continue to guide me through this maze of confusion.  But today I'm handing over the reins - today the tendency to binge eat ends!  

There are tons of articles that discuss the "rationale" and the strange connection between low blood sugar and binge eating.  They make it sound as if it's a natural part of the disease to go on a complete pig-out when experiencing low blood sugar!  Well - it's just over-compensating behavior in my mind.  Even though - I get it - I'm not really of sound mind when I'm in the "low state" to use common sense to make wise food choices - I'm just sort of grabbing something - then something else - then...  But once you've over-eaten, then you're faced with high blood sugar and that's just as bad as the low.  It really does become like the roller-coaster ride from hell!  I don't want to be on this ride anymore!!!  Stop this ride and let me off!!! 

Also, when your blood sugar is so out of whack - either low or high - it's quite difficult to keep emotions in check.  When it's too low, I'm like a whacked out fruitcake who doesn't know which end is up - and I'm like, "Oh, okay - whatever."  Then when it's too high I have a tendency to become a real crab cake and I'm like, "Just get out of my way!" 

Lord,
Please help me to navigate this journey better.  There is so much I really don't understand, but I do know that how I feel on a physical level also directly effects my mental state.  When my sugars are too high, I do not like what I become.  Somehow, if You could just show me a better way to get my blood sugar back to normal without over-shooting and going too high, I'd really appreciate that.  I don't want to be a whacked out zombie or a crab cake anymore.  I just want to be Linda.  I thank You and praise You for what You are going to do in my life today and in the days to come.
In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

This song reminds me of how I feel when I'm having a low...

http://youtu.be/f8BmIf1A3js

Today is WORLD PASTA DAY!!!!!!!!!   Pasta is a good food in moderation, especially if you are experiencing low blood sugar.  Be very careful that you don't over do and cause a sugar spike and have high blood sugar as a result.




        

       
 








No comments: