DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blame it on the Broccoli

Look!  It's a baby tree!!!
 
I have mild neuropathy in my right leg.  Some days it doesn't feel so "mild" to me, but whatever.  I was told that if I incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my diet (raw is best) and drink only water with lemon, I could improve the health of my nerves and help my neuropathy. 

The diet is good - for the most part.  Oh, I have my days like everyone else, when I just want to go to the store and pick up some cookies and chow down!  So far, however, I have managed to resist that particular temptation. 

I had been having a particularly rough time with my leg and was feeling a bit discouraged about this diet - and all they said it would do for me.  But then I think about all the laundry list of prescription drugs I've been on - none of which helped the pain at all.  So I decided I would give this diet some more time.  I've been doing this for a few months now and there are some days that are pretty good, but other days, like I say - not so much.

For some strange reason I got hungry for broccoli, which is weird for me.  I grabbed a bunch of little "mini-trees" and some organic dip and began to munch on them.  I'm not making this up - within about two hours of eating that bunch of broccoli, I began to feel less pain and was walking without my cane.  Am I glad I didn't throw my hands up and give in to eat cookies?  Well, sure!

Now, I'm not saying it was the broccoli that made the difference - but it's sure looking that way to me.  I guess I'll stay on this high alkaline diet because it does make me feel better mentally whether it really does anything for my neuropathy or not.  And it also makes my blood sugar happy, so...  that's worth a lot to me!

Will I eat bunches of broccoli every day - no.  This was just an interesting observation I made one day and thought I'd pass it along.  As long as there's life, there's hope.  I'm still alive, so I'm holding on to HOPE! 

 Here's Don Williams, DC talking about how our bodies heal best.

http://youtu.be/c900vnIlNZA

Today is NATIONAL BOLOGNA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, if you are inclined to want to celebrate, at least use a little moderation because processed meats do have quite a bit of MSG as well as other things that are, shall we say, less than quality ingredients to be putting into your one and only body. 






No comments: