DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Mother of all Speed Bumps

 
I'm not going to pretend I like it, and I'm sure not going to pretend that it's just what I need today, but today I am in some fairly intense pain.  My chiropractic adjustment is tomorrow and I can hardly wait!  As I'm composing this post, my back is frozen on an ice pack and my leg is involuntarily jerking with each pulse of my TENS unit, which is on the highest setting (10).  A lovely picture, as you can imagine!  Since I'm a musician, it's my natural tendency to think of songs that match the rhythm of the pulsing of my TENS unit. 

Practicing the piano with my TENS unit on my leg is definitely a challenge, to say the least.  My right leg is the one I use on the pedal, so imagine trying to pedal with a foot that pulses and jerks every couple of seconds.  I've tried to play while wearing the gizmo, but to be honest, it's just not worth the effort.  Sometimes my foot slips off the pedal, or I end up playing the song at the rhythm of the pulses.  It gives a whole new meaning to the term, "feeling the rhythm"...  so yeah - no, it doesn't work very well.  

I missed taking my walk today as well, which is a bit upsetting.  Those walks actually help me clear my head and they provide so much inspiration.  Walking outdoors is the only way I can really recharge my batteries and face life with other people again.  Some people are energized by other people, but I need a little solitude before I mix with others.

David continued to succeed in everything he did, for the LORD was with him.
- 1 Samuel 18:14
 
It's my goal and desire to help others with this blog.  If I'm really going to do that, I have to be honest and post the bad along with the good.  Every day is not peachy keen and there are bumps in the road for all of us.  But, I will always give God the glory for any successes this blog has, because He's the reason I am doing as well as I am, and He's the one who has helped me in this journey!

Lord,
I pray You continue to help me in this journey.  Please help this pain to be eased soon.  I can't do anything without Your help, so I pray this blog would be a success and that the glory and honor go to You.  Thank You in advance, Lord, for what You are going to do in my life, apart from this blog and because of it.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

"Don't Be Discouraged" is a lovely song and message from Maurette Brown Clark. 

http://youtu.be/LXvyyM-oazI

Today is NATIONAL COMIC BOOK DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Did you know that there is a Diabetic comic???  It's called Captain Glucose and Meter Boy.  They have a page on facebook if you'd like to check it out! 
 



  
 
 


  





No comments: