DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Monday, September 24, 2012

Diabetes ART Day

 
Obviously, I am much more artistic with writing and music than I am with pen and paper, but today is diabetic art day!  I decided to make an attempt to be artistic and be a somewhat good sport about it. 
 
This simple little drawing of a flower is how I feel about my Type 2 Diabetes.  I'm so frightened about it, almost paranoid at times.  So many things can go wrong and can be adversely affected by this disease.  There is so much to stay on top of with it - from your mental state to the tips of your toes - literally!  I check on everything - all the time!  Vigilance is my hallmark - it has to be!
 
I feel as though I get one complication under control - then something else goes haywire!  So far I've only had to battle one complication at a time, but they've all been connected to the Type 2 Diabetes.  This is one very wicked disease and I would not wish this on my worst enemy.  I don't think I have a worst enemy, but if I did I would not wish it on them!
 
My hope is in God and He has helped me and will continue to do so!  He will hold the petals of my flower on for me. 
 
There is REAL art on display today throughout the internet on different diabetes blogs and websites.  I invite you to check them out!  I've seen some real diabetic artistic talent out there today!  
 
I saw this and thought I'd share it - so cute and original - from the 9-inch plate:
 
                             Another day begins at the Lancet Farm...
 
The story of Diabetes Art Day.
 
 
Today is NATIONAL CHERRIES JUBILEE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've never eaten that in my entire life, and I don't imagine I will today either.  But if this is a dish you enjoy, then go for it!  Bon Appetit'!!!

 

 


No comments: