DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meditation: Hunger, Thirst and Living Water

A Meditation:  Hunger, Thirst and Living Water
To the choirmaster. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah. As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? 
- Psalm 42:1-2

For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit upon your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants.  - Isaiah 44:3

Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water, so that I will not be thirsty or have to come here to draw water."  - John 4:13-15

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.'  - John 7:38

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  - Revelation 7:16-17

And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment.  - Revelation 21:6

Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb.  - Revelation 22:1

Throughout the Old and New Testament there is mention of hunger, thirst and the Living Water that comes from Christ alone.  The God who created us with distinctive characteristics also gave us this hunger and thirst to know Him.  Is it such a far stretch to assume that this hunger and thirst extends to our physical body as well?  I don't think so.

Imagine a hot humid Summer day (a day like we encountered just last Summer).  If you're out in your yard working and become thirsty, would you ask someone to bring you a cup of coffee to quench your thirst?  You know, as much as I like coffee, I don't think that would be my first choice for hydration!  The obvious choice iswater.

Just as our souls need the Living Water of Christ, our bodies need water to rehydrate.  Nothing can take the place of water! 

There's always the argument that water just doesn't taste that good.  There are still folks who insist that they can't drink water only.  If you truly want to kick the soda habit, it can be done.  A lot of people choose to drink iced tea in place of water, but keep in mind tea will not hydrate like water will. 

If you can't seem to get away from soda, try to make your own.

1 part water
1 part seltzer
squeeze lemon to taste
squeeze lime to taste
stevia to taste

Pour over ice cubes.  It's a refreshing, hydrating beverage that tastes good!
Water also keeps your kidneys (and other organs) working well.  At all costs we want to keep our kidneys healthy as diabetics.  Some people have a special mug they use to measure their daily water intake.  Whatever helps you to hydrate like you should - do it.  
Meditate on God's Word this Sunday.  Think about hunger, thirst and the Living Water.  Think about physical hunger, thirst and hydrating with water.
I'll leave you with one last scripture verse:

And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.
- Matthew 10:42 

Check out my Ezine Article - "The Day I Stopped Blaming Diabetes".

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Day-I-Stopped-Blaming-Diabetes&id=7191510

I love this wacky holiday - and that it is falling on a Sunday this year!  Today is NATIONAL PLAY DOUGH DAY!!!!!!!!!!!  This day is very special to me because when I was little, my mother taught my Sunday School class.  She used to make homemade play dough for us to play with.  I felt so grown up because I got to help!  Mama's play dough was better than store bought because we added not only the food coloring to the dough, but we also added flavorings!  We had scented play dough!  No one ever tried to eat it, thankfully.  I don't think it would hurt anyone - it was just very salty!  Enjoy your Sunday! 

From  the ABSENT-MINDED PREACHER file comes this joke:

I was talking to my preacher and noticed he had cut himself shaving, so I asked him about it.  He said he was concentrating on his sermon while shaving, and had nicked his chin.

I thought about that during the service.

After he was done, I stood in line to greet him after the service.  I told him I thought about what he had said.

"And...?", he replied.

I told him next time, he should concentrate on what he was doing, and cut his sermon instead.




No comments: