DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Monday, September 17, 2012

The Calm After the Storm

He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed. 
- Psalm 107:29
 
After a severe storm, have you ever gone outside and found evidence all over your back yard that you had a severe storm?  Obviously, everything is still damp from the massive amount of rainfall, but there are always some tell-tale signs of wind gusts, such as debris scattered around the yard.  You begin to instinctively check your house over for any signs of hail damage.  

There is a sense of relief when you realize that no damage is done and you start to breathe easier.  When I think about the proverbial "calm after the storm" I like to take a moment to thank God for His protection.    

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 
- Matthew 5:44-45

A vital part of wellness is having faith that a storm will not last forever.  They do eventually pass and the skies become blue once again.  My diabetes storm seems to have calmed down now, for which I am truly thankful.  I do feel the calm seas now that my medication has been increased a bit and I'm not having as many hypers.  Eating right, exercising, staying hydrated with water and getting plenty of rest has seemed to help.  A positive attitude is also essential for overall wellness.  

I think I will be experiencing more calm seas from now on!  I certainly hope that is the case anyway!

But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.  - Psalm 52:8

Here's a song by The Muppets called "Everything Is Great" - and it is!

http://youtu.be/QDsjySWMUvo




Today is CITIZENSHIP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm proud and thankful to be a citizen of the United States of America.  I feel honored and blessed in so many ways.  I do not take my citizenship for granted.













     

No comments: