DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Monday, September 10, 2012

Come to the Fair

Here in Kansas, there are a few milestone days - and one of the most anxiously awaited days is the opening day of the Kansas State Fair!  Ah, the wonderful scent of manure from the building where they keep the hogs on exhibit!  There's just nothing like the fair.  Once you've experienced it, you're either going to say you will never go again, or you will say you are hooked!

Me...  well - obviously - I'm hooked!!!

As we strolled around aimlessly, looking at all the usual displays and seeing what might be new and what we might not be able to live without, I glanced around a corner and saw something interesting.  It was a chair, but not like any I had seen before.  I think it was some sort of office chair, but it looked like you would have to be some sort of yoga contortionist to use it!  There were some weird things at the fair this year!

Did we eat junk food at the fair?  Well, we allow ourselves to have one bad thing every year - and yes - we did have our one thing!  But life is too short not to bend the rules every now and again.  It's only once a year - and I'll eat salad tomorrow!

We found the cutest little three-wheel vehicles this year as well.  I'm sure I won't be getting one any time soon, but I did spot a yellow one I'd like to have!  Then there was the usual booths with the people wanting to sell their product or service - at a state fair discount, of course!  You know the pitch - "Buy today and you can save!"

I'm not big on buying stuff at the fair.  I just like to walk around and enjoy the nice weather and be amongst people for a while.  The weather could not have been better!  It's usually raining cats and dogs during our fair - but this year we escaped the rain clouds completely!

Part of staying healthy and well is getting outside and enjoying yourself.  I hope you have an opportunity to do just that sometime soon! 

Face painting seemed to be a big draw this year - let's see how to paint a butterfly!

http://youtu.be/I_CwiFWblog



Today is SWAP IDEAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!  So, if anyone has a brilliant idea they would care to swap for a not so brilliant idea - let me know!  I'm always looking for new ways to spice up this blog!  I'm open to suggestions!





No comments: