DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, September 9, 2012

Your Cape Is Showing

I talk with so many moms of Type 1 Diabetic kiddos who are so sleep deprived and not sure if they are coming or going most of the time.  They are Superheroes in my book - they really are!  I hope to spotlight some of their stories and stories of the diabetic alert dogs (DAD's) in their lives as well in future posts. 
 
There are fellow bloggers in the Diabetic Online Community (DOC) who are parents of Type 1 kids.  I read their blogs and laugh when they laugh and cry when they cry.  They sometimes try to laugh when you know they really want to cry.  I'm a proofreader - I read what is not written sometimes.
 
Once in a while I see a post that documents the overall sense of frustration that a mom feels when their child's blood glucose simply will not go up in spite of all her best efforts to make it do so.  Then there's the comment that says, "I don't know whether to treat again or just wait."  That's the post at 2am.  I see these things and I think, "Lord, when do these parents get to sleep?"  The answer is obviously "Not often enough."  It makes me sad. 

Trying to manage diabetes is hard because if you don't, there are consequences you'll have to deal with later in life.  - Bryan Adams
 
I don't have children and I can sleep anytime I want (I am not trying to "rub it in" - that's just my world).  I can take a nap at 2pm if I feel like it.  I can stay up until 2am if I feel like it.  I'm a free agent of my own time.  But you know what?  I know without a single doubt that none of these parents would have it any other way.  Their kiddos mean everything.  How do I know that?  Because I read what they write - and I read what they don't write.  These kiddos rock their parent's world - and they rock mine too!
 
From all the wonderful posts I've read on facebook, I can say without hesitation when God was choosing parents for these kiddos, He knew what He was doing!  These parents are simply the best!  They are Superheroes - and I know because I've seen the cape.  Activists and teachers for those of us who are interested in learning about Type 1 Diabetes and the challenges associated with it. 

I was determined to share my positive approach and not let diabetes stand in the way of enjoying my life.  - Paula Deen
The word dedication is such an understatement when describing these folks.  I sit at your feet and I listen and I learn.  I learn what it means to live with real challenges and you have shown me how to get through the bad stuff in the middle of the night and still retain some sense of sanity.  You all keep your sense of humor as well which is absolutely amazing!

Sometimes I'm not sure whether I should leave a comment or not.  I know it's basically the parents talking amongst themselves, but once in a while I just leave (((hugs))) or a little "praying for you" just to show some support. 
 
As long as you are willing to keep teaching me, I am more than willing to keep learning from you.  You have my deepest respect and I pray for you every day.  I pray for a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. 
 
My friend and talented author of the devotional book, "Coffee With Jesus", Lucinda Berry Hill has written this poem for today.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! 
 
 
God Chose You
God chose you for leadership:
To teach and guide the course.
God chose you for sacrifice:
To do for others first.
God chose you for service:
To feed, to wash, to care.
God chose you for honor:
A crown of joy to wear.
God chose you. He knew you
Could handle the heavy chore.
God chose you for mothering:
To bless you ever more.


Check out my article, "If You're Diabetic You Should Keep Your Cool When Your Temper Is Hot".  
 



Today is TEDDY BEAR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's say it all together now...  AWW!!!!!!!!!! 



No comments: