DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, March 28, 2013

Something on a Stick

 
Do you ever feel like just because you are diabetic you have to miss out on all the fun?  Well, I do!  I think today we should celebrate this wacky holiday together.  Today is SOMETHING ON A STICK DAY!!!!!!!!!  And yes, a toothpick counts as a stick - a very short stick, but... So what comes on a stick? Practically anything. The first thing that comes to mind is popsicles and fudgecicles. Hotdogs are poplar on a stick at campfires. There's also corndogs, and shrimp and many Chinese treats. Cocktail wieners and cheese are picked and eaten on a stick(a toothpick). I'll tell you how I plan to celebrate.  There is a local food market in my town (I would share the name, but Google won't let me!)  They always have those sweet little old ladies standing around offering samples of some new product that some company hopes to get you hooked on.  Usually when I'm at the store and they ask me in that sweet little tone of voice, "Would you like to try a sample of __________???"  I just smile and politely decline.   Today I'm going to march in there and take every single sample I'm offered!  By golly by gum I'm gonna celebrate the day!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't think a few little samples of __________ are gonna hurt my blood glucose level that much - and I'm going to have a good time doin' it!!!   Yes, I have gone crazy (but shh... don't tell my husband - he'll have the white coats here quicker than you can say "frozen banana on a stick dipped in dark chocolate, rolled in chopped walnuts" I just made myself very hungry...  oh well...  moving on...   Have some fun with the 20% acidic-based portion of your food intake today!!!  I'll bet it will leaving you laughing so hard you'll be crying.  It's that kind of laughter that is so good for your soul - and that kind of laughter leaves your stomach muscles feeling like they've done 200 sit-ups!!!  The laughing is so much more fun than the sit-ups would be!!!  No WAY am I doing 200 sit-ups - (not even for Coach Stewart) - huh-uh! Incorporate the healthy, green high alkaline foods today - yes!  Do not forget what these foods do for your blood glucose and HbA1c.  BUT...  don't cut fun out of your life!  Grab a fun friend and hit every little ol' lady up at the grocery store and try the sample she is promoting- and share with her WHY you are allowing yourself to be tempted by the little samples on toothpicks today!!!  Give her a great reason to laugh and have a good day too!  Laughter is so contageous and so healthy - and it costs you nothing to laugh or to make someone else laugh!   Bless someone else today and in the process - be blessed!!! Eat something on a stick and be happy today!

Jeff Dunham and Jose' Jalapeno On a Stick!

http://youtu.be/U8eFRaZvKxA

 
 Have a happy and healthy SOMETHING ON A STICK DAY!!!!!!!!!!! 

  




No comments: