DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, February 7, 2013

Wellness A-Z: Y=You Are in Control

 
Y=You are in Control
I have such a long and complicated disclaimer at the top of this blog for one simple reason:  Every body is different! 

You know how there are some pieces of clothing you look at and the tag says "delicate cycle only" or "dry clean only" -?  There's a reason that some tags warn you not to throw a garment into the regular wash with your old nasty gym socks.  Some bodies are fragile - special.  The bodies who have special needs, or disease, are the ones that need to be understood the most. 

While some people choose to run to the doctor and expect him/her to become intimately acquainted with their body through lab tests and so forth - no one will ever take better care of your body than...  you!  Listen to it!

One simple diagnosis can send off a chain reaction of other problems - and when I got a diagnosis of PCOS, that sent a dandy chain of events in motion!  It's all hormonal - and as I've joked (sort of) with my doctors through the years, "If you'd just do a hysterectomy, I'd be fine!"  My insurance does not cover it because it is not "medically necessary".  So - I now have Type 2 Diabetes.  Go figure!  I think it'd be cheaper to just do the hysterectomy - but what do I know?

I've determined to do the very best I can with the hand I'm dealt.  The choice to eat healthy foods, hydrate with lemon water, exercise every day and get plenty of rest is a choice I make gladly every day.  This monster of disease will not get any larger if I have anything to say about it - and I believe I do.  I refuse to let Type 2 Diabetes - a complication of PCOS - take me down.  The weight will probably not come off completely.  I will battle that demon for the duration.  But I will never quit trying - it's quitting completely that indicated defeat - and no way will I do that.  

I have a life to live - a future ahead of me.  I'm not finished yet - I want to grow old and enjoy many more days of good health, laughter and happiness. 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  - Jeremiah 29:11

There is a purpose for my life.  When I hear encouragement from other Type 2 Diabetics who write me and thank me for introducing them to the Alkaline lifestyle, then I know I'm doing the right thing and it feels good to know I'm helping someone else.  

We learn as much as we can about how to save our health - because if we don't, then we will lose it.  Ultimately, keeping check of your health is up to you!  I can put the information in front of you, but if you don't incorporate the lifestyle, then it's worthless.  I challenge you to begin today.  This is not about how much weight you can lose (although that is a nice side-effect).  This is about stopping the disease process in it's ugly tracks and declaring that you will not fall victim to it.  

Disease is the enemy - and good health is the goal.  If I'm healthy, then I don't care if I'm a skinny Minnie - that's not what I'm about.  If my A1c is happy, if my blood pressure is happy, if my cholesterol is happy, then I'm happy!  How much I weigh is just a number on a scale unless it's adversely affecting my health.

Hungry for Change?

http://youtu.be/3MvAM97VDE8

 
Today is SEND A CARD TO A FRIEND DAY!!!!!!!!!!  I don't use snail mail much anymore, but I do send e-cards to my friends.  Facebook is also another great way to quickly send greetings to friends.  Somebody is waiting to hear from you today!
  



 





No comments: