DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wellness A-Z: Q=Question Everything

Q=Question Everything
I took some journalism courses back in high school.  One of the first things you learn to do in order to create an interesting and riveting story is ask questions.  Most people know the basic questions in journalism - the 5 "W's" - who, what, where, when and why.

When you embark on a wellness journey, you have to be a good investigative reporter.  Read everything you can get your hands on, but know that you can't just blindly trust every single thing you read.  There are some pretty far-fetched claims out there, but by the same token, there are some perfectly legitimate and sound pieces of information out there.  It's up to you to determine what holds water and what does not.

Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions.  - Earl Gray Stevens

Sometimes the process to determine the validity of a claim is just as simple as testing the theory for yourself.  In fact, that is usually the best way to weed out the fabulous from the fake.  When I was told that a change in the foods I was eating would result in a lessening of my pain level as well as weight loss, I was very skeptical indeed.  As I began to eat a more alkaline-based diet and drink water and get enough sleep at night, the changes were nothing short of phenomenal.  Undeniable changes, really.

Be your own sleuth and sort through the maze of information for yourself.  I believe, especially regarding health issues, there is no one answer for every body.  We are all different and what works for one may not work for another.  You have to keep asking the questions and seeking answers diligently.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. 
- Albert Einstein

The information super highway is overloaded now more than ever.  Unfortunately, I have not found the article that says chocolate (dark or otherwise) is alkaline-based.  Bummer! 

Here's a "why" question for you.  Why is lemon water alkaline?

http://youtu.be/WndFDIa6a0s


 

   

No comments: