DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Friday, January 25, 2013

Wellness A-Z: L = Love without Fear

L=Love without Fear
Have you noticed how often the word love is used - out of context?  I've heard people say they love their new car, or they love the way their new blue jeans fit or they love their new coffee mug.  Really???  For Pete's sake!!!

Loving an inanimate object lessens the value of love.  - Linda Palmer   

Love is a precious gift from our Creator.  God is love.  Love is meant to be shared with other people, but for some reason it has become this catch word that loses ground every time it's used inappropriately.  Oh, I've done it too - I think we all have.  We almost do it without thinking about it!  I love this new coffee I bought.  Sure.  What I'm really trying to say is that this new coffee is the best I've ever tasted - but the word love is much too strong a word to use and my choice of words should be more accurate in the future.

My philosophy is:  It's none of my business what people say of me and think of me.  - Anthony Hopkins 

I can't speak for everyone, but when I meet people and begin to invest time and effort in trying to establish a relationship - I feel very vulnerable during that process and I'm afraid of getting hurt by them.  If we were brutally honest, we'd admit that there are certain expectations we have of others - and they have certain expectations of us as well.  I do not make friends easily and I don't love everyone without fear - fear of rejection or fear that I'll get hurt.  I admit that I've basically shut myself off from others at times in an effort to keep my heart from getting hurt again.  Is that right?  Well, probably not. 

When I worked outside my home, people actually told me they thought I was afraid of other people.  So, you see - this really is an area where I'm still in the infant stages and taking tiny baby steps to get better.  I do fear people because I have been hurt quite badly in the past.  It's my feeble effort to guard my heart I suppose.  Some people are mean - and mean people suck.  I just need to realize that not all people are mean - not all people suck.

No fear exists where his love is. Rather, perfect love gets rid of fear, because fear involves punishment. The person who lives in fear doesn't have perfect love.  - 1 John 4:18

God's love is perfect - I get that.  So if the Holy Spirit lives in me then I should have perfect love as well.  If He lives in another person then they should have perfect love too.  Why is this such a high hurdle for me?  I don't understand.  But I know that forgiveness is a huge part of loving.  If you keep score of a person's faux pas - and they keep track of yours - you are not going to have perfect love, that's for sure! 

All I can say is - I'm working on it.  I'm trying to open up a little more every day and when I do, it seems I find more love from others along the way.  Perfect love gets rid of fear.  I'm tired of being afraid of people and what they might do to me.  I've decided that I can't control what others do, but I can sure be the person God wants me to be.  God wants me to love everybody. 

For there are these three things that endure: Faith, Hope and Love, but the greatest of these is Love.  - 1 Corinthians 13:13

So in my quest for wellness I'm paving the way with LOVE.  What others do is their business.  I'm not perfect and my love is not perfect - but I'm in touch with the one Who's Love NEVER FAILS.  Every day I choose to love, no matter what.

Hillsong - Perfect Love.

http://youtu.be/_zslw6WulFo


Today is NATIONAL OPPOSITE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, whatever you expect from me - guess what?  You're gonna get the exact opposite!!!  Wow - I may have a junk food diet today.  Hmm...  am I feeling that stupid?  Maybe not.   











No comments: