DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Friday, January 18, 2013

Wellness A-Z: E = Embrace the Chaos

It's finally Friday again, and you've endured yet another long work week.  How is your stress level today?  If you're shaking your head from side to side and rolling your eyes right now, I'll take that as a sign that it's not so good.

When we least expect it, life sets us a challenge to test our courage and willingness to change; at such a moment, there is no point in pretending that nothing has happened or in saying that we are not yet ready. The challenge will not wait. Life does not look back. A week is more than enough time for us to decide whether or not to accept our destiny. 
- Paulo Coelho

E=Embrace the Chaos Around You
Life does not come with instructions and the fact is, change is inevitable.  You have a choice whether you will embrace the messy chaos that usually comes with change or not.  People who roll with the punches are much happier and healthier than those who do not.  What in the world ever made us think that before things could change, they needed to seek our approval to do so?  Change will happen whether it's a change I like or not. 

The only way that we can live, is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.  - C. JoyBell C.

Make a deliberate decision to go with the flow.  Do not mistake that for surrender of moral ground.  Believe and keep the faith you cling to, but don't let the change going on around you steal your personal joy.  Don't be a hater of anyone, ever.  When you hate you become an automatic stumbling block.  When you love you become a stepping stone.  Embrace others and love people where they are right now.  Love moves mountains.  Hate forges valleys.

How would your life be different if…You stopped making negative judgmental assumptions about people you encounter? Let today be the day…You look for the good in everyone you meet and respect their journey.  - Steve Maraboli

I've made it a point in my own life to worry about my own sins and shortcomings.  There are many, and I don't want anyone else to concern themselves with them.  They're mine and I know what I need to do.  I let others worry about tending to their own gardens.  Judgement and hate have no room in my life and I hope others will respect me in like manner. 

Love the sinner, hate the sin? How about: Love the sinner, hate your own sin! I don't have time to hate your sin. There are too many of you! Hating my sin is a full-time job. How about you hate your sin, I'll hate my sin and let's just love each other!  - Mark Lowry

There is going to be change as long as there is life.  It's the one constant we can rely on.  Change is not simple, it's not neat and tidy.  Change is usually a huge mess and wrapped in chaos.  The better we can adapt to the ups and downs related to it, but more healthy we will remain.

This is really funny!  I have my own story about the Atlanta airport!!!  Maybe I'll share it with you sometime (it involved an overnight stay) - sigh! 

http://youtu.be/GQ6pQRRaeXI




Today is WINNIE THE POOH DAY!!!!!!!!!!  It's the birthday of author, A.A. Miline.  Let's find out what Pooh bear has to say about embracing chaos.

   



“And really, it wasn’t much good having anything exciting like floods, if you couldn’t share them with somebody.”
― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh


“Later on, when they had all said “Good-bye” and “Thank-you” to Christopher Robin, Pooh and Piglet walked home thoughtfully together in the golden evening, and for a long time they were silent.
“When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,” said Piglet at last, “what's the first thing you say to yourself?”
“What's for breakfast?” said Pooh. “What do you say, Piglet?”
“I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting to-day?” said Piglet.
Pooh nodded thoughtfully. “It's the same thing,” he said.”
A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh



No comments: