DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Monday, December 3, 2012

Strength for the Holidays

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.  - Ephesians 6:10
 
Today is all we have.  We make plans for the future, but the fact is, today is all we have.  My days are in God's very strong and capable hands.  I'm very happy to be reclined and relaxed there.  Even though I have the knowledge that my days are numbered and they belong to God, I also have been given light regarding how best to care for this body God gave me.  I figure, since God is the One who made me, He is perfectly qualified to show me what I need to do to take care of myself.  Doesn't that make sense?
 
There are common sense decisions we have the opportunity to make every day.  These choices will either make our lives better or make them worse.  Can you think of one choice you made today that will add minutes to your life?  Today I chose to stretch and exercise for a half an hour.  I chose to eat my protein first at breakfast and lunch.  I've eaten fruits and vegetables and have stayed hydrated with plenty of water with lemon.  I'm also leaning towards drinking hot tea as opposed to coffee.  It's a slow process, but I'm getting there.
God has given us resources to keep our bodies healthy and strong.  So, while we are spiritually reclined and relaxed in God's very strong and capable hands, we do our very best to do everything necessary to be the best child of God we can be!  I believe with God's help I can better control my type 2 diabetes! 

Yesterday is a cancelled check.  Tomorrow is a promissory note.  Today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely.  - Kay Lyons
 
When I get to heaven, God will not ask me how much money I had or what kind of car I drove - and believe it or not, He's not even going to ask me if I lost all the weight I needed to lose.  None of that will matter then - but guess what?  It matters now.  Does God care?  I believe God does care about helping me get healthy.  There is no other way I can explain the abundance of resources that have flooded my inbox about how to better control Type 2 Diabetes.  I believe it's a God thing.  That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
May God give you the strength and the knowledge you need to make the best nutritional choices for yourself today!  He loves you so very much and He does not want you to live as a sick individual - either spiritually or physically.
 
May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.  Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.  Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen.  Ephesians 3:19-21

Take a look at this humorous Christian observation about breaking bread, "If Diabetics Can't Eat Carbohydrates, Does That Mean We Can No Longer Break Bread?"  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
 
http://ezinearticles.com/?If-Diabetics-Cant-Eat-Carbohydrates,-Does-That-Mean-We-Can-No-Longer-Break-Bread?&id=7170177

Take care of YOU during the Christmas season!  Give yourself a great Christmas gift - the gift of health!

http://youtu.be/mgidYHNcheI



Today is NATIONAL ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Be thankful for your warm home today!!!






 

No comments: