DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Red & Green


Thank you for the food we eat,
Thank you for the world so sweet,
Thank you for the birds that sing,
Thank you God for everything.


Can't you almost smell how good this is?????  This heavenly creation is from the Zephyr Vegetarian Cafe in Long Beach, CA.  It is vegan grilled cheese, grilled sourdough, stuffed with avocado, flame broiled zucchini, grilled onion, tomato, hickory smoked tempeh and pesto mayo.
 
That just makes me sooooooooo hungry!!!!!!!  I live in Kansas so it'd be a long way to drive to pick up carryout - and I surely would not want to walk to California, no matter how good the exercise would be for me!  Who do you think I am, Forrest Gump?????????  Run, Linda, Run!!!!!!!!  Nope, doesn't even almost have the same ring to it!
 
Hey - did you notice the date on this post - 12/12/12!!!  Pretty cool, huh???
 
Enjoy this video with helpful tips on eating out while traveling this holiday season.
 
 
 
FLAME-HEART
by: Claude McKay (1890-1948)
      O much have I forgotten in ten years,
      So much in ten brief years! I have forgot
      What time the purple apples come to juice,
      And what month brings the shy forget-me-not.
      I have forgot the special, startling season
      Of the pimento's flowering and fruiting;
      What time of year the ground doves brown the fields
      And fill the noonday with their curious fluting.
      I have forgotten much, but still remember
      The poinsettia's red, blood-red in warm December.
      I still recall the honey-fever grass,
      But cannot recollect the high days when
      We rooted them out of the ping-wing path
      To stop the mad bees in the rabbit pen.
      I often try to think in what sweet month
      The languid painted ladies used to dapple
      The yellow by-road mazing from the main,
      Sweet with the golden threads of the rose-apple.
      I have forgotten--strange--but quite remember
      The poinsettia's red, blood-red in warm December.
      What weeks, what months, what time of the mild year
      We cheated school to have our fling at tops?
      What days our wine-thrilled bodies pulsed with joy
      Feasting upon blackberries in the copse?
      Oh some I know! I have embalmed the days
      Even the sacred moments when we played,
      All innocent of passion, uncorrupt,
      At noon and evening in the flame-heart's shade.
      We were so happy, happy, I remember,
      Beneath the poinsettia's red in warm December.

"Flame-Heart" is reprinted from Harlem Shadows. Claude McKay. New York: Harcourt, Brace and Company, 1922.
 
 
 
Today is NATIONAL POINSETTIA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's time to decorate with these cheery red flowers once again!  Merry Christmas everyone!
 

No comments: