DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, November 4, 2012

Packing My Overnight Bag

 
When I sit at my desk to test, I read this because it inspires me every day to do my very best to keep my sugars under control.  The older I get, the more it seems as though my blood sugar has a mind of its own - it seems to jump up for no apparent reason - and take a nose dive whenever it feels like it.  It's like the diabetes is in control of me instead of the other way around sometimes.  I've recently been fighting an infection and my leg is really hurting bad, so I guess fever and pain are causing my sugars to be sky high.  Keep praying for me, okay?

Prayer does not equip you for greater works.  Prayer is the greater work.
- Oswald Chambers

 
The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  - James 5:16
 
When I get ready to leave the house I pack my little bag with a meter, test strips, lancet, glucose tablets and oral medications.  I remember the old days before I was diagnosed, when my husband would say, "Let's just take off and go somewhere!"  That was never a problem - I'd just throw some stuff together and off we'd go.  Now, I have to be so careful when I pack - I check, then I double-check just in case I missed something.  It's a whole different ball game when you have a chronic disease. 
 
All people have is hope.  That's what brings the next day and whatever that day may bring.  A hope grounded in the real world of living, friendship, work, family.  - Bruce Springsteen
 
But I do realize how very blessed I am.  There are some others who battle diabetes who have a lot more packing to do than I do!  None of us have asked for this journey, but it's my plan to do everything I can to keep complications from setting in.  I want to live just as "normal" a life as I possibly can.  I'm thankful there are medications that help me do that.  I don't mind carrying all of these things around with me because they help me stay healthy.
 
So, it takes me a little longer to get ready to go anywhere these days.  That's okay - let the king wait - the queen has to pack her bag!
Here's Rory Gallagher singing "Overnight Bag".
 
 
Today is KING TUT DAY!!!!!!!!!  For me, this brings images of Steve Martin - but I'm not really into the whole Egyptian scene.
Enjoy your day!
 
 

No comments: