DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Saturday, November 3, 2012

Life's a Happy Song

 
I love you, O LORD, my strength.  - Psalm 18:1
I got a bit of good news from the doctor's office!  Because I've been having frequent "lows", I'm officially discontinuing my insulin pen!  I still have to take the oral medications Metformin and Glipizide, but no more shots - and I'm thrilled!  Thank you, Lord!

This month I've lost 8 pounds!  It's not the double-digit number I was hoping for, but you know, when you weigh at the doctor's office you have to wear clothes and shoes and...  well - you know!  My scales weigh at least 3 pounds lighter at home.  I don't wear shoes when I weigh at home!

God has been by my side through all of this, and I know He will continue to help me down this path to wellness.  I have to go back to the doctor next week for a regular "chronic disease" follow-up visit, so I really want to concentrate on getting at least another 2 pounds off, and I would like to see my A1c close to 5.  The last time it was checked, it was 6.6 and I think with the weight loss and the change in medication, I stand a chance for success.

Faith is building on what you know is here so that you can reach what you know is there.  - Cullen Hightower

If you read this blog and have been praying for me, just keep it up - I need all the prayers I can get!  I told my doctor, "I may not reach my ultimate goal, but if I don't, I will die trying!"  She must have been a cheerleader in high school, because when I'm talking like that, I can almost see her standing there with her pom poms waving!  She's really too cute to be a geeky doc!  

Losing's a great motivator.  -Yogi Berra

This is one time I'm very happy to be a "loser", believe me!

If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.  - John 15:7

Life's a Happy Song!  Enjoy this entertaining song and dance!

http://youtu.be/FbzUnGpgJDY
 
 
Today is HOUSEWIFE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!  I'm not sure if there are many left, but today we honor the time-honored profession of Domestic Engineer!  My mom was a housewife and referred to herself as a Domestic Goddess.  A very humble woman, my mother. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments: