DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Good Word

Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.   - Proverbs 12:25
 
Is anxiety a natural part of the diabetes disease process?  I won't lie, it has been a factor in mine from time to time.  Lately I've been a bit more anxious since there have been a couple of small complications to battle. 

I've developed frozen shoulder, which is a complication of Type 2 Diabetes. 

Doctors don't really know why frozen shoulder is associated with Type 2 Diabetes, except I keep reading that it's believed that the thick sticky blood somehow adheres to the workings in the shoulder and causes the stiffness and plays havoc with your range of motion.  It's not only a very painful problem to have, but it interferes with your quality of life.  All who agree, raise your hand.  Oh, wait, I can't raise my hand!  LOL!!!!!!
 
It's my hope that next week when I go to see the chiropractor, he will be able to restore some of my range of motion.  Hopefully he will give me some exercises to do so the condition does not worsen.  I think the key is to keep my arms moving!  
 
So, let's look at the God's GOOD WORD that will make us glad.  I want to be glad and kick the anxiety to the curb, don't you?
 
I'm so blessed and honored to be a part of a closed group on facebook called "Grief caused by chronic pain".  It's a place where we don't have to put on the "everything is fine" mask that we wear in the world most days.  We can say what we really feel and not get judged or told to just "buck up and keep going".

It's my one goal and purpose to provide a GOOD WORD to those who are not only much younger, but have really serious mobility issues.  Not to play down what I'm feeling, but most days I know that at the end of the day I am not facing a life in a wheelchair or worse. 

The other night, I was in pain all night long and spent the entire night chatting with another member of the forum.  She provided such light to me in the dark, painful night.  That's a good word, the encouragement she gave me helped me endure the pain.  And I pray I did the same for her. 
 
Comfort, cheer, encouragement and compassion go a long way toward helping others.  It's uplifting and waters the withering spirit!  A soul that is bowed down because of pain and depression can be refreshed and renewed with the right words from another.  And when the words come from someone who understands chronic pain, that means even more!

Love and kindness are never wasted.  They always make a difference.  They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.  
- Barbara De Angelis, Ph.D. 
 
Revival through the good word brought joy and hope to face a new day, even though there was precious little sleep the night before.  All night long, I kept wondering if I'd have the presence of mind to post on my blog.  I prayed that God would send me the right words to say.  As usual, God was not early, but He was right on time with just the right Word for us to hear.

God loves us not for what we do or say or achieve.  God loves us for, and sometimes in spite of, who we are.  - William Tully
 
I think we all step on our tongue from time to time.  It's not something most of us do on purpose, but it's important to be sensitive to the limitations of others and be careful how we phrase what we say.  It's never my intention to speak harshly or be insensitive to anyone's situation.  We're all given a challenge in our path and we need to realize that not everyone is able to run a race or jump a hurdle or climb a rope.  If you are blessed with the ability to do these things, be thankful for the gift you've been given! 
 
My right shoulder just "locked".  I'm never sure which way to try to move it when it does that!  I just lifted my arm and heard the most awful "POP" in my shoulder!  It actually helped it - it hurt when it popped, but I think it's unlocked now.   
Aim to spread the good word today and every day.  Know that not everyone may be in as good of shape as you are and be mindful of the limitations of others.  Practice sensitivity in what you say and put every word through the "Holy Ghost filter" (that's how my mom used to put it).  Pray about every word you say before you say it (or type it).
 
We as Christians know that the ultimate GOOD WORD is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  His Word causes not only gladness, but joy, peace, pardon, righteousness and ultimately, eternal life!  There is no greater encouragement than that, right? 

 Saving faith is an immediate relation to Christ, accepting, receiving, resting upon Him alone, for justification, sanctification, and eternal life by virtue of God's grace.  - Charles Spurgeon

Ron Paul songs presents "Think Positive".  Pray for peace.

http://youtu.be/wtGgaDOjtiY

Today is BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!  Enjoy this beautiful day and know that you too are beautiful!





 
 
 

No comments: