DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wellness and Emotional Hits

A bad day for your ego is a great day for your soul.  - Jillian Michaels

Have you ever had one of those days when you wish you were equipped with protective headgear?

Emotional hit #1:  Today we went out for breakfast, but it was close to noon when we got there.   We were sitting at the table discussing what we were going to order.  The server came to our table and said, "You know how everybody has a double somewhere?"  My first thought was, "What does that have to do with the price of coffee beans in Columbia?"  But I indulged her and replied, "yes".  She said, "I have met your double.  Her name is Dee and she lives in Illinois!  You two could be twins!" 

If I had been alone at the restaurant, I would have shared the fact that I was adopted and have TEN siblings running around the world somewhere.  I was not alone, so did not feel comfortable asking if her friend Dee was adopted.  I just smiled and said, "Oh - wow - that's cool".

Any time I hear that (and I hear it quite a lot), it makes me want to ask questions like, "Is your friend adopted?"  I have made attempts to contact birth family, but to no avail.  The urge to connect has been stronger yet since I don't have my adopted parents in my life anymore.  

Emotional hit #2:  After brunch, we headed over to the cemetery to check the flowers on my parent's graves.  I'm sure mom and dad could not care less about the flowers, but it matters to me.  There are red carnations in the vases now, but I'll probably go over and put some autumn flowers in the vases sometime next week.

We decided to look around at one of our favorite antique malls for a while.  We usually sort of look at the same stuff for a minute when we first go in, then we begin going our own way and get separated.  Well, the first item I saw was a chair.  I began talking a mile a minute about this chair - about how I thought one we had seen earlier would look better and besides that it was ten dollars cheaper to boot and...  on and on I went.

I was still in the process of "making my case for this chair" when I stopped to take a breath, looked up and noticed that the man I was ranting away to was not my husband!  He just sort of looked at me with this smirk on his face and seemed genuinely entertained by the situation.  As I quickly slinked away, I was like, "Oh, I'm soooooo sorry, I thought you were..." - the sentence faded into thin air as I walked away.  I hate it when that happens!  I found my husband and said, "I was over there talking to you - and you were not there!"  For some reason, he found that to be abundantly amusing as well.  Humph... Pfft...  men!

Emotional hit #3:  Later on, I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood.  I got to the corner when an SUV turned onto our side street and stopped.  The windows on the silver vehicle were so tinted, I could not tell if the person was wanting directions or what.  Then the passenger side window came down and I saw a lady at the wheel.  I walked over to the vehicle and asked if she needed directions.  She said, "Oh no, I'm just waiting for my son to get over here and get in the car!"  I turned around and saw a young boy running toward the vehicle.  I'm thinking, "Well, okay - sorry, I'll just keep walking now!"  I gave a little wave and quickly took off down the sidewalk. 

See what you get for trying to be helpful???  No good deed goes unpunished.

So, I would not say I regret the decision to get out of bed today, but I would say that this day has been chalk full of some very strange happenings.  I'd better put a helmet on just in case, ya think?  Is there a full moon coming up or something? 

They say life is just a game - but I'd say today, I'm a bit off my game, yeah!


This morning, I woke up on the wrong side of my life!  - Anonymous

Well, here's a video of some people having a really bad day!

http://youtu.be/bJe8bOaQyjw
 
                                                                  

Well, even though I've had less than a great day, today is WORLD SMILE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!  You know what to do...  get out there and SMILE!!!


This little story is from the EVEN WHEN THEY LIE, WOMEN ARE NOBLE file.  Enjoy!

One day, when a seamstress was sewing while sitting close to a river, her thimble fell into the river.  When she cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, "My dear child, why are you crying?"

The seamstress replied that her thimble had fallen into the water and that she needed it to help her husband in making a living for their family.

The Lord dipped His hand into the water and pulled up a golden thimble set with pearls.  "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.

The seamstress replied, "No."

The Lord again dipped into the river.  He held out a silver thimble ringed with sapphires.  "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.

Again, the seamstress replied, "No."

The Lord reached down once again and came up with a simple leather thimble.  "Is this your thimble?" the Lord asked.

The seamstress replied, "Yes."

The Lord was pleased with the woman's honesty and gave her all three thimbles to keep, and the seamstress went home happy.

Some years later, the seamstress was walking with her husband along the riverbank, and her husband fell into the river and disappeared under the water.  When the seamstress cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked her, "Why are you crying?"

"Oh Lord, my husband has fallen into the river!" 

The Lord went down into the water and came up with George Clooney.  "Is this your husband?" the Lord asked.

"Yes!" cried the seamstress.

The Lord was furious.  "You lied!  That is an untruth!"

The seamstress replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord.  It is a misunderstanding.  You see, if I had said 'no' to George Clooney, you would have come up with Brad Pitt.  Then if I said 'no' to him, you would have come up with my husband.  Had I then said 'yes,' you would have given me all three. 

Lord, I'm not in the best of health and would not be able to take care of all three husbands, so THAT'S why I said 'yes' to George Clooney.

And so the Lord let her keep him.

The moral of this story is:  Whenever a woman lies, it's for a good and honorable reason, and is always in the best interest of others. 

That's our story, and we're sticking to it.

Signed, All Us Women
 




 
 



 





No comments: