DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, September 27, 2012

Music Mania

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.  - Bob Marley

Part of staying well in my mind is staying positive.  I like to play games with music and lyrics.  I hear a sentence and put it to a familiar tune, or hear a familiar tune and put new lyrics to it - it gets pretty funny inside my head sometimes!

My weird brain has been working overtime today.  This morning my color ink cartridge ran completely dry.  As I was changing the cartridge I sang, "Put the car-tridge in the prin-ter" - in place of the words "And a par-tridge in a pear tree." 

Later in the day, I took a CD out that I just burned.  As I put it in the clear Jewel case, I began singing, "Jewel-y, Jewel-y, Jewel-y do ya love me?"  The actual lyrics are, of course, "Ju-lie, Ju-lie, Ju-lie do ya love me?" 

It's a common occurrence in this house to see a grocery list with items such as oyster quackers or batroom tissue written on it.  I don't typically let all the weird stuff my brain makes up slip verbally.  So, making up silly songs is kind of a new manifestation of sorts.   

How could it escalate to this degree?  I mean, I'm basically butchering perfectly wonderful songs with little or no effort these days!  Have I been isolated socially for too long?  Is there hope that I can possibly re-enter society without a total overhaul or a return to charm school?  I don't know.  Is there hope that I can salvage just a sliver of decorum before exiting my sanctuary house to go out into the world?  What if I'm beyond help?  

Time will tell - but until I have the opportunity to test my wings outside my fortress, I will probably continue to put strange lyrics with familiar tunes and sing at the top of my lungs (as long as nobody is around).  The last time I checked, singing is a sign of happiness and happiness is not a bad thing.

"Don't Worry - Be Happy".

http://youtu.be/WIM3GHvBQjY

Today is CRUSH A CAN DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  What can I say?  Knock yourselves out - no, not literally!  Be careful when trying to crush a can on your head.  I know some of you think your head is indestructible, but it isn't.  No, trust me, it is not!






     





No comments: