DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's Time for the Lime

 
The most important thing you can do for yourself after a workout is hydrate.  Today I'm hydrating with lime water.  It's cool and refreshing after a workout on my bike.  I usually put lemon in my water, but thought lime might be good for a change today.  There was a time I could not live without a super-size diet Dr. Pepper in front of me.  I've made some significant progress since then!

Lemon/lime water has an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it just before any meal, it will help your body maintain a higher pH than if you didn't drink it. The higher or more alkaline your pH, the more your inner terrain is resistant to minor and major disease.

A few years ago, I began having painful joints and an occasional bout with gout (yes, I am a poet and I know it).  The  lemon/lime in water helps dilute uric acid, which otherwise would accumulate and cause problems with arthritis and gout.  Since I've started putting lemon/lime in my water I have not had any problems with joint pain of any sort. 

The liver produces more enzymes from lemon/lime water than any other food.   - A.F. Beddoe, author of Biological Ionization as Applied to Human Nutrition.

There are certainly many choices for hydration, but water remains the best choice.  Lemon/lime water can help lower blood pressure, did you know that?Do you take water for granted and pass it up for other ways to hydrate?  Even though water is a bit bland tasting, it is still the best bet for true hydration.  When you add the lime or lemon to it, that makes it better yet.  If you add both lime and lemon then a bit of seltzer or club soda with a packet of Stevia, you have something pretty close to an "un-cola" soda.

Enjoy your day and have a blessed week.  Drink some water today!

"Put the Lime in the Coconut" - well...  what can I say???  This is an alkaline lifestyle with rhythm!

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

This is a fun holiday - today is ELEPHANT APPRECIATION DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!  How does one appreciate an elephant?  Well, my suggestion would be to visit a zoo or perhaps go to the circus if it happens to be in your town.  Find a way because today is the day!

No comments: