Shoot, I just get high on life when I wake up in the morning!
I party every day that God wakes me up!!! I think He just wakes me up to entertain Him yet another day. I can almost hear Him laughing some days!
I share this birthday with a lot of really cool famous people. Some are older than me and some are younger, but all were born on this date. Christopher Meloni is the only one who was born in 1961. I think that's pretty neat.
- The great singer Marvin Gaye (1939-1984) was born on this day.
- Pattie Mallette, Justin Bieber's mom and autobiographical author, was born on this day in 1975.
- Actor Michael Fassbender, the scheming robot "David" in "Prometheus", was born on this day in 1977.
- Buddy Ebsen (1908-2003) was born on this day. He was most famous for his role as "Jed Clampitt" in "The Beverly Hillbillies".
- Bethany Joy Lenz, best known to audiences as "Haley James Scott" on the long-running series "One Tree Hill", was born on this day in 1981.
- Emmylou Harris, country music singer, was born on this day in 1947.
- Rodney King (1965-2012) was born on this day. He was the famous victim of LAPD police brutality; led to LA riots of 1992.
- Danish poet Hans Christian Andersen (1805-1875) was born on this day. He was also known for such fairy tales as "The Ugly Duckling" and "The Little Mermaid".
- Alec Guiness (1914-2000), best known for his role as "Obi-Wan Kenobi" in "Star Wars".
- Leon Russell, the white-haired rock singer was born on this day in 1942.
- Christopher Meloni was born on this day in 1961 (the same year as ME!) He's best known for his role in the hit drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" as "Elliot Stabler".
- Roselyn Sanchez was born on this day in 1973. She played Jackie Chan's love interest in "Rush Hour 2".
- The very handsome Adam Rodriguez, who plays "Eric Delko" in "CSI: Miami", was born on this day in 1975.
- Ron "Horshack" Palillo (1949-2012) the lovable nerd on "Welcome Back, Kotter", was born on this day.
- Clark Gregg was born on this day in 1962. He has appeared in the sitcom "The New Adventures of Old Christine".
- Drew Van Acker, also known as "Jason" in "Pretty Little Liars", was born on this day in 1986.
- Jack Webb (1920-1982) was born on this day and was best known for his role as "LAPD Sgt. Joe Friday" in the long-running hit show "Dragnet".
- Deon Richmond was born on this day in 1978 and is best known as "Kenny" in "The Cosby Show".
- David Ferrer, Spanish professional tennis player, was born on this day in 1982.
- Linda Hunt was born on this day in 1945. She was Best Supporting Actress in "The Year of Living Dangerously".
- Jessie Carmichael, keyboardist for the Pop Rock band Maroon 5, was born on this day in 1979.
- Roscoe Dash, Hip Hop artist, was born on this day in 1990.
- Lee Dewyze, winner of the ninth season of "American Idol", was born on this day in 1986.
- Don Sutton, Hall of Fame Dodgers pitcher, was born on this day in 1945.
- Billy Pierce, left-handed pitcher for the Chicago White Sox, was born on this day in 1927.
- Ashley Peldon, recognized for her work in the daytime drama "The Guiding Light" as "Mariah Lewis", was born on this day in 1984.
- Penelope Keith, English television actress on "Good Neighbors", "Executive Stress" and "To the Manor Born", was born on this day in 1940.
- Yung Joc, popular rapper, was born on this day in 1983.
- Mike Johnson, NFL lineman for the Atlanta Falcons, was born on this day in 1987.
- Max Ernst (1891-1976) was born on this day. He was inspired by Vincent Van Gogh's art and was one of the founders of the Dada and Surrealist art movement.
- Marco Amelia, Italian goalkeeper, was born on this day in 1982.
- Bill Romanowski, NFL linebacker and actor, was born on this day in 1966.
- Donald Petrie, renowned director, was born on this day in 1954. Some movies he directed include "Mystic Pizza" and "Miss Congeniality".
- Billy Dean, country singer, was born on this day in 1962.
- Dr. Demento, Radio broadcaster and record collector known for his comedic abilities, was born on this day in 1941.
- Émile Zola (1840-1902) was born on this day. He was the most prominent French novelist of the late 19th century, and was noted for his theories of naturalism as expressed in "Les Rougon-Macquart."
- Lindy Booth was born on this day in 1979. She played Riley Grant on the Disney Channel series The Famous Jett Jackson (and Agent Hawk in the show-within-a-show Silverstone).
- Dabbs Greer (1917-2007) was born on this day. He was a very familiar face in films and especially on TV. He was a sort of "everyman" in his roles and played merchants, preachers, businessmen, and other "pillars of the community" types as well as assorted villains. With his plain looking face, wavy hair and mellow, distinctive voice he was a solid supporting actor... he played the preacher in "Little House on the Prairie".
- Pamela Reed was born on this day in 1949. She played in the comedy hit "Kindergarten Cop."
Well, I plan to have a very quiet day and evening. I will continue to celebrate for the next week and a half, so there's no rush to do everything today!!!
The Beatles - Happy Birthday Song. It's my birthday too, yeah!!!
My very good friend, Lucinda Berry Hill, author of "Coffee With Jesus" was inspired to write a poem one morning after I messaged her that I had made coffee and discovered some grounds in the bottom of my coffee cup! I told her I was determined to have a lovely day in spite of the experience!
Knowing I am crazy about coffee and rarely mess up my brew, she could not pass up the opportunity to write this sweet and humorous bit of wit - and I'm so tickled that I'm the one who inspired her! Do I bring out the bit of wit in people? I hope so - and take that as a great compliment - indeed! She's such a sweet soul and I'm so tickled we met and I'm happy to be not only a colleague, but a sister in Christ and a (funny and inspiring???) friend. I love how iron sharpens iron, don't you? With us, irony sharpens irony... um - yeah.
I hope you enjoy this light-hearted poem as much as I did! Thank you darlin' - a poem just for me - it's the best birthday gift ever!!!
Today is also AUTISM AWARENESS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be wearing BLUE - will you???