DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's "Take Your Teddy Bear To Work" Day

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 
- Proverbs 17:22



Mama Angel Bear and Grandma
Angel Bear are surfing the web
for yummy  new recipes
to fix for their little ones!
Since life is just way too serious, especially for those of us with chronic diseases, I decided to bypass the usual laundry list involved with diabetes and just have a little fun.  It's my blog and I'm gonna do whatever I want - so there!  Part of wellness is mental, you know!

This morning on facebook, one of our local TV stations announced that it is TAKE YOUR TEDDY BEAR TO WORK DAY!  I can't think of anything I'd rather do!  

Anyway - they asked for photos of a teddy bear, or bears,  sitting at your work station.  Well, my little angel bears sit right beside my computer every day and watch me work.  Today, however, I let them sit in the driver's seat! 

They were absolutely SPEECHLESS when I gave them the good news!  You might say their silence was...  um... deafening.  LOL!  Their little teddy bear eyes lit up as I placed them in the chair!  The anticipation was quite underwhelming, actually.  As they sat there staring straight ahead at the computer, it was clear that they hardly knew where to begin.

Finally, as they began to grasp the concept, they surfed the web for recipes for their little ones.  They suspected that the diet they've been on may be getting a bit boring (not unlike that of a diabetic), so they found some new recipes to try.

I just want to take a moment and thank the TV station for giving me a little diversion from my disease!  Fun and laughter first thing in the morning are a welcome oasis, believe me!  Laughter after a finger stick is a joy, believe me! 

Wow - I didn't mention diabetes one time in this post - but I sure did do a lot of laughing this morning while I was staging those photos of my teddy bears!  Since I work out of my home, it wasn't quite as - um... "awkward" as it may have been in an actual workplace.  I love working at home!  I don't make much money, but I sure do have a lot of fun!

Well - better get busy doing my "real" job now. 

HAPPY TAKE YOUR TEDDY BEAR TO WORK DAY!!!  

Enjoy this little episode of BBC's Misery Bear:  Misery Bear Goes to Work.  I think I used to BE this bear!  Well - except for the smoke break.

http://youtu.be/5dTHlTu_DC8

Poor Teddy!!!
 
 
 



 








 


No comments: