DISCLAIMER:

live with physical challenges.
I am NOT a DOCTOR!!! I don't even play one on TV!!! It is my goal to live a more healthy lifestyle. Living well and being happy is what this blog is all about.

"Nothing,' wrote Tolstoy, 'can make our life, or the lives of other people, more
beautiful than perpetual kindness."

- Gretchen Rubin




I write about my own experiences and what works (or does not) for me. Nothing I write is to be taken as medical advice.

Only your health care provider, personal physician,Disclaimer:
I am not a doctor - I don't even play one on TV! This
or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.








Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Life Would be Boring Without Me

 
Let me begin today by asking you a question.  How much fun do you have in your life?  Oh, I don't mean that you are just floating around on cloud ten all day long and everything is smiles and non-stop laughter - but overall, how much fun is in your life?  More to the point, how much fun are you to live with?  Oh - ouch!  Now we're getting to the crux of the matter!

There's a saying - "Be the change you want to see."  Simply put, if you are a happy individual, you will infect those around you and make them happy too.  That's the theory, anyway.  This doesn't always work - there are some people who, no matter what you do - will be the gloomy Gus person they are.  It's so sad, because life is so very short!  I'd rather enjoy my trip as a happy individual, because I'll sure never be this way again!

Does it take a lot of time or money to be a good natured person?  Well, certainly most of us are more prone to be happy if we have a little more time and money, but it's not an absolute essential.  You see, it is all about the choices we make on a minute by minute basis.  If you make a conscious decision this moment to be happy - you will be happy. 

No, it won't change whatever is going on in your world, but it changes your attitude about your circumstances!

I love to laugh - I guess that is no secret to anyone who really knows me.  That is not to say I haven't had my share of loss or regret - or tears - but that is to say that I don't let that define the type of person I will be.  The choice to overcome is truly yours and yours alone.  You can choose to stay in an unhealthy environment and be miserable or you can choose to walk away and be happy and healthy and well.

As much as it is within your power, surround yourself with positive influences.  Try to be an encouragement to those around you and not belittle or pick away at friends or loved ones.  Play a prank once in a while - I mean a good one that won't hurt or scare someone to death!  Be the change you want to see - in your family - in your local community - and in your country - ultimately, in your world.

You really are as well as you think you are.  I know logically in my mind that I have a chronic disease, and I am not in denial about it.  Am I going to let that knowledge hold me back and make me less of a person than I know I can be?  Um...  nope!  I'm going to go have some fun today, how about you?

In my humble opinion, these are some of the funniest pranks on You Tube!

http://youtu.be/662KGcqjT5Q

I adore this poem by my friend, Lucinda Berry Hill, author of "Coffee With Jesus".  With a group of loyal friends, we really are blessed and it does prove that God loves us!

77 Flavors
Chocolate mocha fudge,
Beautiful butterflies,
And light raindrops
That fall and kiss your cheek,
Pistachio nut,
Flying lightening bugs,
And babies
With tiny hands and feet,
Mint chocolate chip, fuzzy caterpillars,
And stars
As far as you can see,
77 flavors,
Friends that are loyal,
Proof that God loves
You and me.


Today is INTERNATIONAL NEWSPAPER CARRIER DAY!!!!!!!!!!  Show appreciation to your newspaper carrier today by leaving a little treat or a note - or both.  Let him/her know that you notice their effort and are happy with the job they're doing.



No comments: